Gay marriage, yet again

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
UPDATE!!

So the original thread idea follows below, but new news is recorded at post http://uselessforums.com/showpost.php?p=647819&postcount=23

So on Tuesday, there are two major ballot issues, one in Maine and one in Washington state. The one in Maine is a referendum that will remove a law put into place already giving access to same-sex couples the right to marry. What was unusual about this is the governor and legislature voted this law into place, but it was the voters that very quickly put together a petition for the referendum and so the legislatures put a hold on the activation of the law before the outcome of the elections. Technically there have been no official Maine marriages of same-sex couples YET, but there will be none at all of this referendum passes.

In Washington, there is a domestic partnership bill "everything but marriage" that is being voted on as well.

If you know anyone in any of those states, please encourage them to vote No on issue 1 in Maine and Yes on Referendum 71 in Washington.

:heart:

Last edited:
Voting No on 1 :cool:

edit: I really dislike these "voting no means you approve of the law/measure/act/etc" type referendum questions. I think they are worded just that way to trip people up. I wonder how many voters get confused by those questions.

Last edited:
They have spoken, hence the question is it worth it? Maybe something IS wrong being homosexual?

maybe they don't care about being homosexual, but they want to preserve what they define marriage to be, which is something between a man and a woman?

why do you see a law for marriage as a law for gays to legally exist? or more importantly, as a law for gays to be... right? :confused:

i think marriage should be done away with all togethor.

My family's from Washington, but there's no way in hell they're voting for it. :(

That's sad. Are you open around them?

dbzeag is our resident gay activist. Without him I wouldn't get to hear how the gay struggle is going unless I turned my tv to bravo or the style network. So props to dbzeag for helping keep me informed and away from melodramatic bad tv.

Last edited:
That's sad. Are you open around them?

dbzeag is our resident gay activist. Without him I wouldn't get to hear how the gay struggle is going unless I turned my tv to bravo or the style network. So props to dbzeag for helping keep me informed and away from melodramatic bad tv.

truth.

i wouldnt even take second notice of anything gay related in the news or give 2 shits about any of it if i didn't know dbzeag. he's the only reason i pay attention to any of it at all.

i wouldnt even take second notice of anything gay related in the news or give 2 shits about any of it if i didn't know dbzeag. he's the only reason i pay attention to any of it at all.

Maybe that is part of the problem. People don't care because they don't personally know gay people or have a friendship? Maybe if they met with a gay person, discussed the issues, they'd come to realize it isn't evil.

oh wtf am I thinking.... :tard:

Like when I called Kevlar for Prop 8 and explained to her the issues and the reasons for voting against it. I would like to be good at arguing points and perform spontaneous debates because I think then people might at least question why they think the way they think.

So Washington state passed the "everything but marriage" bill. Let the discrimination lawsuits fly! "separate but equal" will not hold up.

Turn being gay into a religion

LOOP HOLE!!!!!!

You know what? That's not a bad idea. Then any donations for any LGBT centers could be written off the taxes. If there was a religion for it, federally there are civil rights protections already afforded to religions. If homosexuality was a religion, I wouldn't automatically be thrown out of my apartment or fired from my job because I could claim "religious" discrimination and win.

Awesome!

Yeah, I kinda really ment it.

I'm not, but if I were a swinger, could an insurance company deny me? I mean I can only marry one person, where do you draw the line?