Garage Sale

I have no patience to deal with people trying to haggle with me.

It always makes me think of this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c"]YouTube - How much for one rib[/ame]

i've made around $300 before, which is worth the day/time spent. it helps if you have furniture, technology, jewelry and collector's items. not worth it if you just have knick knacks and clothes.

Thorn you wouldda loved the sale I went to at the weekend. We don't have garage sales here, we have carboot sales where tons of people go to a big field and sell their stuff at the same time. The one I went to took 5 hours to get round there was so much, musta been a couple of thousand cars there. Lovely weather too, we got:

A nice wooden box which was a veterinary box from the 50's, a fold-up school desk with the inkwell in etc. from the 1910's, a nice reto faceted (sp?) desk lamp and 2 plants. :D

Thorn you wouldda loved the sale I went to at the weekend. We don't have garage sales here, we have carboot sales where tons of people go to a big field and sell their stuff at the same time. The one I went to took 5 hours to get round there was so much, musta been a couple of thousand cars there. Lovely weather too, we got:

A nice wooden box which was a veterinary box from the 50's, a fold-up school desk with the inkwell in etc. from the 1910's, a nice reto faceted (sp?) desk lamp and 2 plants. :D

that sounds awesome!!

we had a show on tv here for a bit called junkin'. these two people would go hit garage sales, find some sweet things, and then auction them off online. it was fun to see what they ended up finding...and what a job! they would post the item, amount paid for it, and the amount it sold for online. cool stuff!!

that sounds awesome!!

we had a show on tv here for a bit called junkin'. these two people would go hit garage sales, find some sweet things, and then auction them off online. it was fun to see what they ended up finding...and what a job! they would post the item, amount paid for it, and the amount it sold for online. cool stuff!!

that show was cool...they used to show it during breaks at braves games because it was so funny

They look like gypsys. I want your tears, gypsy woman.

Gypsies I can deal with. Especially the Eastern European kind.

but when the hookers look like this:

UGLY.jpg

you gotta bring the power tools.

Last edited: