Garage Sale

i can count on one hand the # of times he's had shoes on in 10mos.

Yea, when you live in a warm weather climate, and the kid isn't walking yet, I see no point in shoes whatsoever. I actually had 3-4 pair of the soft soled ones for Ian as a baby, ended up moving to Phoenix in Dec (he would have had lots of opportunities to wear them if we stayed in Utah) and just gave a 3 pairs of never worn shoes to my sister for her baby. I don't think I put more then a pair of socks on him here and there until he was a year old, and even now, they run around our yard with barefeet all the time, I only put shoes on them if I know they will be walking wherever we are at.

So last I heard from Shalimar-- he wants to thank Thorn for the bloody mary idea because Ja is derunk and giving away bags of their stuff for two dollars.

I advised him to watch his shoes because she may be inclined to give those away too. :omy:

I did not get hammered my friend.. JA got hammered..

I copy/pasta'd the advisory post thorn made and emailed it to her.. so I had to hear about it all day..

"honeeeee, it SAYS to have bloody marys!!" :waw:

got up at 6 (on my first day off in two weeks) and put up the signs around the neighborhood. probably had 30 visitors only from n'hood signs on the corners. spent 30 on the signs, probably netted 30ish. but we did get rid of a lot of crap.

but yeah, at about 7:10 she's like I'm havin a bloody mary!! and then the very talkative lady from the apartments down the road came by and ja's like "OMG, I found somebody to DRINK with me!" so they started about 830.. i hit the gym from 10 to 11, came back and the two of em are retarded in the front yard.. janice gave her old Apple Bottom Jeans she had out (lady: "OMG, there are REAllY Apple Bottom Jeans??!!!... ya know, boots with the fur!!") she's got one of my old kangols on backwards.. :waw: bout this time the two ghey dudes who live in the same building as the lady come down, so by noon I got a crunken filipino, a 55 year old lady in a backwards kangol, two ghey dudes, and a baby under a tree in my front yard. :lol:

then the messicans from across the street come over and ja's saying the 5 spanish words she knows over and over and over.. and over. and over. :waw:

gave the little chica a box of pots and pans, some dishes, and two garbage bags full of clothes. charged her about 5 bucks. :waw: "honey, they're poor." :waw:

all in all, a mild success. moved some crap up out my space, made a few bucks. that ja took to the nail salon yesterday. i saw none of the proceeds.

i remember doing a yard sale at shawns a few years ago. pretty sure we were up all night and i know brad and i were half drunk. good times