Gaming Mouse?

Kabn said:
in my opinion, the MS Intellimouse 3.0 is still the height of gaming mice that are actually gaming mice and not moving pieces of keyboard.

closely behind would be the MX500; i just got ahold of this a few weeks ago, and i'm impressed. the outside edge isn't as good as the 3.0, but it's very solid and has a better mousewheel.

Out of the last 3 mice I've had, MX700, MX510 and MX1000, I've settled on the MX1000 for my needs, the MX700 for my wife and the MX510 I tried and gave to a friend. I really have yet to see that compelling of a reason to have a wired mouse anymore, gaming or not.

BigDov said:
Out of the last 3 mice I've had, MX700, MX510 and MX1000, I've settled on the MX1000 for my needs, the MX700 for my wife and the MX510 I tried and gave to a friend. I really have yet to see that compelling of a reason to have a wired mouse anymore, gaming or not.
funny; i've yet to see a compelling reason for me to get a wireless mouse, and the wired ones cost less. :D

Kabn said:
funny; i've yet to see a compelling reason for me to get a wireless mouse, and the wired ones cost less. :D

I love the wireless action........ and my bro-in-law works for Logitech, so I don't really care much about the cost anyway :fly:

BigDov said:
I love the wireless action........ and my bro-in-law works for Logitech, so I don't really care much about the cost anyway :fly:
A couple of my friends have wireless mice... I couldn't stand playing ANY fps with them.

berzerker said:
A couple of my friends have wireless mice... I couldn't stand playing ANY fps with them.

Really? I mean I'm not surprised that you say that, being you and all (CS MUCH?), but I honestly have not seen a difference. I've played at lans, online and just single person with the MX700 and 1000, and I love them. Could just be I suck too, but in all seriousness, I'm no better or worse with them than I was with a corded mouse. *shrugs*

berzerker said:
are they logitech though? until logitech started making them wireless mice were shite, and logitech aare the only brand id trust to do wireless right so far.
and if they are logitech mice that your friends have, well plenty very serious gamers play using them, maybe your friends have interference problems

Baron Von Awesome said:
Logitech 510. Check the reviews. I'm getting one for Christmas, hopefully. I wouldn't steer you wrong.
Thats probably what I'll do. I still have to figure out what else to get them.

Baron Von Awesome said:
Get them some D&D core books, a copy of SW: Battlefront, and some Star Trek pins. :fly:
My status as familial nerd would be firmly cemented. I'm thinking either Far Cry or Doom3 for my bro in law, and maybe a new desk or a cheap 19" monitor for my father in law.

Pancake Wagon said:
My status as familial nerd would be firmly cemented. I'm thinking either Far Cry or Doom3 for my bro in law, and maybe a new desk or a cheap 19" monitor for my father in law.

Sounds good all around to me. Get your Dad in law the 30' Apple flatscreen display, it's only #3,200. :drool:

Baron Von Awesome said:
Sounds good all around to me. Get your Dad in law the 30' Apple flatscreen display, it's only #3,200. :drool:
I think my dad would kill me and eat my skin if I did that.

Baron Von Awesome said:
Logitech 510. Check the reviews. I'm getting one for Christmas, hopefully. I wouldn't steer you wrong.
i was going to get that, but i just didn't like the color thing. and it has the same refresh as the MX500.

and i've played with an MX700. couldn't tell a difference from a wired mouse. it just costs more and requires charging or switching of batteries, which i would invariably forget.