Ontopic Games Thread of love

I thought elden ring was an rpg game but its some dark soul kinda game. yea no thanks
considering the reviews it got, im willing to give it a shot and try to get into that genre. From my short experience so far though, it absolutely requires a controller.

I tried dark soul once and gave up even before getting to the first boss
I was walking around the world, and saw a big monster (like 60 feet) tall just pacing along the edge of a cliff way high above me. I get close, he stops and stares at me, i stare at him thinking he's one ugly motherfucker, prepare to ride away and stay the fuck away from him.

HE JUMPS OFF THE GODDAMN CLIFF AND EATS ME.

It definitely wasnt scripted. It almost felt like I looked at him too long and that caused him to decide to eat me.

The world is just filled with terrifyingly huge creatures that you have no chance against.

• Haha
Reactions: Mikeawesome and fly
I was walking around the world, and saw a big monster (like 60 feet) tall just pacing along the edge of a cliff way high above me. I get close, he stops and stares at me, i stare at him thinking he's one ugly motherfucker, prepare to ride away and stay the fuck away from him.

HE JUMPS OFF THE GODDAMN CLIFF AND EATS ME.

It definitely wasnt scripted. It almost felt like I looked at him too long and that caused him to decide to eat me.

The world is just filled with terrifyingly huge creatures that you have no chance against.

is it just giant monsters and getting killed by them or is there some decent rpg-ing in it at all?

this, this is what ate me

Elden_Ring_Stormgate_Troll.jpg

Classified by the wiki as "a minor enemy"

• Haha
Reactions: fly
So I guess whats good about it is that theres a gazillion different enemy types, not just 31 humans in different outfits, but truly different enemies.

And what the reviews said is true. You can go in any direction, and shortly find something interesting. The ruins arent just cut and paste, there are no "kill 47 bears" quests, theres no hand holding at all, you're just dropped into this deadly world and have to figure shit out yourself. No quest markers, no pre-filled-out map.

Old school morrowind style descriptions: Head west toward the erdtree until you find a castle.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
So I guess whats good about it is that theres a gazillion different enemy types, not just 31 humans in different outfits, but truly different enemies.

And what the reviews said is true. You can go in any direction, and shortly find something interesting. The ruins arent just cut and paste, there are no "kill 47 bears" quests, theres no hand holding at all, you're just dropped into this deadly world and have to figure shit out yourself. No quest markers, no pre-filled-out map.

Old school morrowind style descriptions: Head west toward the erdtree until you find a castle.

so is it worth it for a casual player? Ive got a fifty dollar gift card to burn and Im on the fence between this and elex2

Did read theres a setting you can turn on/off that allows other players to "invade" your game, and they have to hunt you down.
Could be fun once youve levelled up a bunch
ah yes, there is that. You can also call other players for "help" with a tough fight if you have the right items

Grabbed the game last night, played for about 45 minutes
it is, um, different :p
Youre literally just cut loose in a bigass world where everything can kill you
Only annoyance (so far) is the little notes people drop everywhere. Everyone thinks theyre a fuckin comedian

• Haha
Reactions: Strings
Grabbed the game last night, played for about 45 minutes
it is, um, different :p
Youre literally just cut loose in a bigass world where everything can kill you
Only annoyance (so far) is the little notes people drop everywhere. Everyone thinks theyre a fuckin comedian
i pirated it..... so i dont get those :D