NSFW Fly, I've figured out how you can (but never will) move to Colorado

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
I could be wrong, but those instant on hot water heaters are ideal for these situations. especially spacewise.

In travel trailers, the hotwater heater can be as small as 6 gallons.

edit: also, navy showers.

Im thinking of this thing more as a home that will stay fixed most the time, than an RV. If its someones home, you want as much comfort as possible.

That does not include navy showers

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
also, i looked at getting one of those instant hot water heaters for my house... those things draw 180 amps. Thats fuckin nuts. I literally didnt have enough room on my panel for it.

I guess for a thing like this though you would probably have a gas one.

Amstel

The Hoarse Whisperer
Jul 12, 2009
you're a whore, but in a good way. Kindof.
http://www.tumbleweedhouses.com/products/xs-house#ad-image-0

[h=3]Bathroom[/h] Like on many boats, the bathroom is the shower … and it is called a “wet bath”. We use metal diamond plate finishing on the walls that leave it with a modern look. The shower water is heated from the small water heater under the kitchen sink, and can last about 5 minutes.

On the really large models, they use a tankless HWH

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
also, i looked at getting one of those instant hot water heaters for my house... those things draw 180 amps. Thats fuckin nuts. I literally didnt have enough room on my panel for it.

Really? We are looking into getting one.

Because condo we have a 40gal water heater tucked under the counter in the kitchen, taking up an entire cabinet. I want to go instant hot but haven't found much in the way of electric ones.

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Really? We are looking into getting one.

Because condo we have a 40gal water heater tucked under the counter in the kitchen, taking up an entire cabinet. I want to go instant hot but haven't found much in the way of electric ones.

I have two 100amp panels in my place, the second panel is 70% empty, and wouldnt even come close to being able to handle the amperage an electric whole house hot water heater would need. I would need to get a whole other 200amp panel installed just for it, which is crazy expensive.

itburnswhenipee

Lonestar
May 25, 2005
Maryland
GM used to be (maybe still is?) A part owner of Isuzu.

noPXS3n.jpg

"You have my word on it."

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Steam
mattressfish

Yeah, the electric ones are shit as compared to gas.

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
I have two 100amp panels in my place, the second panel is 70% empty, and wouldnt even come close to being able to handle the amperage an electric whole house hot water heater would need. I would need to get a whole other 200amp panel installed just for it, which is crazy expensive.
Damn! That's ridiculous.

I wonder if there's a way to make a hybrid setup with a ~5 gal tank that's able to be heated on demand as well. Would give you a little buffer.

CletusJones

CUCKGBLR
Oct 15, 2004
I have a gas instant water heater (Rinnai) it's awesome.

Side benefit, small children can't burn themselves at the tap.
My wife's aunt has one. She's constantly complaining about how long it takes to get hot water. Its not a rinnai so I dunno if comparable. I'm sure she did zero research and just bought the first one she saw.

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
get an airstream and gut it was absolutely my first reaction when I saw this thing.

Yeah, it's something I've wanted to do for ages. Someday. All I need is a place to store it while I work on it.