Ontopic Flight 370

idk. it's a 777 from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing, China. Those aren't small cities with no $$. We're not talking about a broken crop duster in the middle of nowhere.
Yes but it was lost over Vietnam. When you fly you aren't tracked they entire time by your host country. Plus you have regions that you're not tracked on radar at all. Plus a 777 isn't a new plane it's almost 20 years old.

In most of countries in areas of Asia and Africa the governments actually own most of the commercial airlines. The planes are purchased directly from Boeing they are bought from carriers like Delta and United when they are done with that specific plane. It's like buying a used car. They buy them and redo the interior.

Key word being "found".

It was found later when they washed up on shore and they knew exactly where it was shot down because it was hit by a missile then continued to fly another 6 minutes or so before it went into a spin. They were talking with an ATC tower the entire time. This one they have no idea where it really went down.

There will be debris left, but if the plane blew up at 35,000 feet, the debris field would cover about 100 miles of ocean by the time it all landed. Big pieces sink, seat cushions and the like float. But they are tiny, and now they are very spread out.

At least two, and possibly as many as four, people boarded with false documentation? Nothing suspicious about that. Nope.

35000 feet up is less than 7 miles. If there was a catastrophic event, and the plane goes down I can't see how there's a debris field for 100 miles.

If the top speed is 590 mph and the event happened at top speed, = just under 10miles per minute. for there to be a 100 mile debris field, if the debris continued AT FULL SPEED while falling at least some of the debris would have to fly forward for 10 minutes to accomplish a 100 mile debris field.

I can't see that happening

jFcKgFk.jpg

In most of countries in areas of Asia and Africa the governments actually own most of the commercial airlines. The planes are purchased directly from Boeing they are bought from carriers like Delta and United when they are done with that specific plane. It's like buying a used car. They buy them and redo the interior.

I guess I'm stuck with the idea that governments still want to be able to track things that big.

35000 feet up is less than 7 miles. If there was a catastrophic event, and the plane goes down I can't see how there's a debris field for 100 miles.

If the top speed is 590 mph and the event happened at top speed, = just under 10miles per minute. for there to be a 100 mile debris field, if the debris continued AT FULL SPEED while falling at least some of the debris would have to fly forward for 10 minutes to accomplish a 100 mile debris field.

That depends on what the event was. If it was a normal failure of plane explosion I will agree yes but if it was a bomb or something like that then maybe not. Plus as I said they still don't really have a good idea where the "event" happened.

I guess I'm stuck with the idea that governments still want to be able to track things that big.
Yeah most people don't realize on International flights over water you're not tracked the entire time. You'll go through periods of radio only contact due to being in a region with no radar. When you fly you basically go from one radar site to the next. It just happens most of the time when you fly in Modern you are in regions there are sites everywhere so you're basically in contact the whole flight. The same isn't for non modern regions or over water.

I didn't mean 100 literal airborne miles. I was trying to convey a point about large distances. Regardless, I think you'd be surprised how far inertia and wind can carry aviation debris. But really the spread comes from the water itself. Floating debris is at the mercy of the waves, and after days it's just that much more spread out. Hence the problem with ever recovering it.

This is all provided that the plane actually exploded, which we don't know. It could have been forced to land somewhere. Fuck it could have nose dived into a volcano.

This is all provided that the plane actually exploded, which we don't know. It could have been forced to land somewhere. Fuck it could have nose dived into a volcano.

Exactly. For all we know the air crew went rouge and turned everything off and took the plane somewhere else.