Ontopic Flight 370

So this seems to be all anyone is talking about... Except UF..

Thoughts?
Conspiracies?
Where the fuck is this Boeing 777?!?

This is soooo scary in this day and age.
Those poor people :(

I'd like to think there's some high tech locator ability. Not black box crap, but some high security ongoing outgoing location signal that can help locate the 'last known communication.' there should be no way to turn off or fuck with the technology.

I don't get that it's been this long with no sign of the plane.

that giant fireball of debris was over the ocean, it sank. there are locator devices but they're not going to be powerful enough to not only broadcast a signal to GPS satellites through a couple miles of water but also remain active for any significant period of time

My guess is hijacking, exploded at very high altitude where then, the pieces of the plane are not really findable.

that giant fireball of debris was over the ocean, it sank. there are locator devices but they're not going to be powerful enough to not only broadcast a signal to GPS satellites through a couple miles of water but also remain active for any significant period of time

Every single piece of debris sank? No waaaay!
There would still be stuff floating no?

Riiiight?!? Like 3 days??? Crazy!
Like the 1st episode of LOST!

So it had 7.5hrs of fuel left ., if it crashed or exploded there woulda been a giant fireball and debris.. So did it land safely somewhere ?

Not if it blew up at 35000 feet over the ocean where they thought. There wouldn't have been anyone out there to see the fireball. Plus most of the debris would be either completely gone or tiny and scattered over the ocean where it would be impossible to find. Hell that once Air France flight took them a few years to find.

1996 TWA flight 800 debris:

018_51979753_10_620x426.jpg

If we now can track iPhones within 6 feet of their powered existence, how is it we can't locate this plane to it's last known broadcast?

Every single piece of debris sank? No waaaay!
There would still be stuff floating no?

Depends on how high it was when it blew up. Planes aren't like space shuttles that have heat safe material. If it blew up that high it's very possible nothing is left. No different that when a jet is shot down but another jet. There isn't anything left.

Last edited:
Nah, there would definitely be plenty of debris. You can't blow up a plane mid air and vaporize all of it. Well maybe with a nuke.

there were debris fields for both the Challenger & the Columbia
Yes because those are made out of heat safe material. Planes are not made out of the same things and can easily burn up. I'm not saying there isn't any debris I just think they aren't either seeing it or looking in the right place. We have to remember this flight was leaving from a basically 2nd/3rd world area and flying over the same. We can't always assume they are tracking their flights to the same degree we do here. It's very likely they really have no idea where the plane was when the lost contact.

Not if it blew up at 35000 feet over the ocean where they thought. There wouldn't have been anyone out there to see the fireball. Plus most of the debris would be either completely gone or tiny and scattered over the ocean where it would be impossible to find. Hell that once Air France flight took them a few years to find.

Exactly.

Yes because those are made out of heat safe material. Planes are not made out of the same things and can easily burn up. I'm not saying there isn't any debris I just think they aren't either seeing it or looking in the right place. We have to remember this flight was leaving from a basically 2nd/3rd world area and flying over the same. We can't always assume they are tracking their flights to the same degree we do here. It's very likely they really have no idea where the plane was when the lost contact.

idk. it's a 777 from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing, China. Those aren't small cities with no $$. We're not talking about a broken crop duster in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
There will be debris left, but if the plane blew up at 35,000 feet, the debris field would cover about 100 miles of ocean by the time it all landed. Big pieces sink, seat cushions and the like float. But they are tiny, and now they are very spread out.

At least two, and possibly as many as four, people boarded with false documentation? Nothing suspicious about that. Nope.