WTF Flags at half staff for Whitney Houston????

What do you think about flags at half staff for a crack head

• I think it's a good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know I may be treading a dangerous line here but it really does come down to race. If this was say one of the many white musicians who died of drugs and someone tried to fly the flags this way it would be a huge huge deal. But because she is black and a "Hero" to the urban community it's acceptable. I was disgusted that the White House even released a statement after she died. Endorsing crap like this is just wrong. Putting someone up on a pedestal based solely because they are black or white or whatever especially when they have issues is dumb. What's next honoring Willie the Pimp because of the money he brought into the hood.

I don't see it as a racial thing.

Half mass is supposed to be reserved for honoring people who died for the country or national tragedies. This is just more political stunt cocking.

I couldn't give a fuck. Flags are meaningless bits of fabrics people get uppity about, and Whitney is just a dead famous person. There's a million things more important in the world to care about.

I can understand how it's easy to feel that way when you're not number 1. It's like someone winning the bronze medal saying the medals don't mean anything or someone saying it's an honor to just be nominated.

Last edited:
Actually the fact your country is so up in arms about people burning flags is against freedom of speech, but w/e. :D

It is legal to do so tho... Just some people don't like things that mean something to them burned.

I hope you understand.

I do not care. Last year they lowered them for Clarence Clemons, too. They honor their own in a way that they choose. None of my bidnit.

NJ flew the flag half mast because she was born and raised in Newark. That makes a bit more sense than NY flying the flag at half mast. At least only fly the state flag at half mast if you are going to do something like that, and not the US flag.