WTF Flags at half staff for Whitney Houston????

What do you think about flags at half staff for a crack head

• I think it's a good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,710
New Jersey has decided to fly the flags at half staff to honor Whitney Houston. All I can say is WTF. Not that I needed another reason to never go to Jersey again but this basically seals the deal for me. I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned in another thread but I thought it deserved it's own.

Flags are always at half staff anymore and nobody ever seems to know why.

Was she a huge philanthropist in nj, or just another druggie?

I might be able to deal with doing this for someone who did something positive for society but her last 15 years has easily erased anything positive she's done in the past. It sets a terrible example that you can be a crack head but still come out on top.

I might be able to deal with doing this for someone who did something positive for society but her last 15 years has easily erased anything positive she's done in the past. It sets a terrible example that you can be a crack head but still come out on top.

she should have run for mayor in DC

I was actually impressed with something gov. christie said about this which is extremely rare for a GOP'r. talking about the 1/2 flag thing he said something to the effect of her drug abuse being a medical problem not a criminal one.

I was actually impressed with something gov. christie said about this which is extremely rare for a GOP'r. talking about the 1/2 flag thing he said something to the effect of her drug abuse being a medical problem not a criminal one.

except those times she was arrested for it

I don't see how they are mutually exclusive. Kleptomania is a medical problem, stealing shit is a crime.

I know I may be treading a dangerous line here but it really does come down to race. If this was say one of the many white musicians who died of drugs and someone tried to fly the flags this way it would be a huge huge deal. But because she is black and a "Hero" to the urban community it's acceptable. I was disgusted that the White House even released a statement after she died. Endorsing crap like this is just wrong. Putting someone up on a pedestal based solely because they are black or white or whatever especially when they have issues is dumb. What's next honoring Willie the Pimp because of the money he brought into the hood.

Still, she was just an entertainer. You open up that door the already watered down significance of the half mast will lose all significance.

I don't see how they are mutually exclusive. Kleptomania is a medical problem, stealing shit is a crime.

theft has always been a crime. drug abuse has only been a crime for 100 years or so. apples and oranges.

I know I may be treading a dangerous line here but it really does come down to race. If this was say one of the many white musicians who died of drugs and someone tried to fly the flags this way it would be a huge huge deal. But because she is black and a "Hero" to the urban community it's acceptable. I was disgusted that the White House even released a statement after she died. Endorsing crap like this is just wrong. Putting someone up on a pedestal based solely because they are black or white or whatever especially when they have issues is dumb. What's next honoring Willie the Pimp because of the money he brought into the hood.

My first thought was christie is doing it for votes.

My first thought was christie is doing it for votes.

I thought the same. I love how Kevin Costner is speaking at her funeral. I was reading their own interaction was the one crappy movie they did in 92 and haven't had any interaction since. That's like me speaking at someone's funeral that I worked with for a few months when I was in high school.