Firefox 2 & IE7

Built in spell checker alone is worth it.

While I do appreciate having a built in spell checker. Most of the words I get wrong are from typing fast and I usually hit submit before I would have even noticed that there was a red line.

Being able to undo window closings, nice.
Having built in tabs and gestures, nice.
Having the fastest renderer, nice.
Being the target of practically zero exploits, nice.

I am pretty sure there are other things I like about Opera. I just take most of them for granted.

I might have to give opera a go again just for funsies. I tried it for a while a long time ago, but gave up since it wouldnt render have the sites I went to correctly. Im sure thats changed by now.

Wait, are we talking about the US release of FFII, which was actually FFIV, or the original Japanese FFII?

I might have to give opera a go again just for funsies. I tried it for a while a long time ago, but gave up since it wouldnt render have the sites I went to correctly. Im sure thats changed by now.

I wouldn't count on it working correctly if it didn't in the past. If I'm not mistaken Opera is still the most standards compliant browser, just nobody uses the standards. So... any site that is using a special IE/FF behaviour will not work. Luckily for me, it is only about two or three sites that I visit. Maybe.

Is this a joke? Are you really whining about a web browser? That's like whining about toast. Its fucking toast for christs sake, its not supposed to be interesting or exciting. Who cares what you use to look at webpages? As long as they all render properly, all the extra doo-dads are completely unnecessary.

So why don't you go back to using lynx?

Though, to be fair, the only reason I shy away from IE is because it is MS. If they had a better track record, it would be one thing, but they don't. FF was a memory hole for a while.

So why don't you go back to using lynx?

Though, to be fair, the only reason I shy away from IE is because it is MS. If they had a better track record, it would be one thing, but they don't. FF was a memory hole for a while.

Are you using windows right now?

Unfortunately, yes.

I'm not completely anti windows, but I do prefer some of the *nix style of doing things much better. And I can't afford an apple machine. (Though, I am considering a used/refurb mac mini)

Unfortunately, yes.

I'm not completely anti windows, but I do prefer some of the *nix style of doing things much better. And I can't afford an apple machine. (Though, I am considering a used/refurb mac mini)

OSX honestly has so much stuff on top of BSD that it really doesnt count. I dont know what you do on the computer normally but meh, a "friend" of mine has a macbook which burps at least once a week triggering a phone call to me at 2am. It has the capabilities of *nix once you figure out how to get to them but they are a pain in the ass to find. It's just as "user friendly", i.e. idiot proof, as anything Apple has ever done.

OSX honestly has so much stuff on top of BSD that it really doesnt count. I dont know what you do on the computer normally but meh, a "friend" of mine has a macbook which burps at least once a week triggering a phone call to me at 2am. It has the capabilities of *nix once you figure out how to get to them but they are a pain in the ass to find. It's just as "user friendly", i.e. idiot proof, as anything Apple has ever done.

The only BSD part of OSX is the userland, and I believe the popularity of BASH and other GNU tools eventually won out on a lot of what is used now.

As per the rest, I personally view Apple as just as evil as MS, just with a much much smaller sway. :) So.... I don't think I'd feel as guilty using their stuff. :)

My main computer is my laptop, though, and I haven't felt like tackling it to put on linux or freebsd yet. When/if I do, I'll probably go with whichever one I can get e17 running on.

I don't like any company that actively stifles competition. Making a better product is fine. Using a monopoly in one field to influence another? Not so much. Oddly enough, one of those things is illegal. :)

Is this a joke? Are you really whining about a web browser? That's like whining about toast. Its f*cking toast for christs sake, its not supposed to be interesting or exciting. Who cares what you use to look at webpages? As long as they all render properly, all the extra doo-dads are completely unnecessary.

would you complain about having to drive a 1982 Dodge Colt that ran perfectly instead of your RSX? Yeah, that's what I thought.

would you complain about having to drive a 1982 Dodge Colt that ran perfectly instead of your RSX? Yeah, that's what I thought.
I understand none of this. To me, there is little difference in speed or features between the various browsers out there. To me, tabs seem pointless. Plugins for Winamp? Why? Flash works fine for me in IE7 and isn't any slower than FF2 in Ubuntu.

I drive the car I drive because I'd be scared to death of the other retards on the road if I didn't have something with a touch of performance to it. I need a car that does exactly what I tell it to when I tell it to do it. I'm very certain that if I weren't in that car, I would have been in 4 or 5 accidents by now because of other people's stupidity. For me, it isn't about penis-enhancement or extras. I don't fear for my life because a page renders a tenth of a second slower in one browser over another.