Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
I've installed IE7 and FF2.

They both suck.

On OSX, FF2 with tabs is completely broken. So are a buncha other things.

On a PC, if you do a fresh install (no FF before-hand), flash and WMP plugins don't install properly. Among a few other minor things, ALT-S on vbulletin doesn't send the damn message.. Arrrggg!

IE7 is fuckin' dog ass slow. Especially if you use multiple tabs. What is with this shit? Plus, all the extensions are commercial and they blow too..

Anyone have a better success with either one of these? Anyone hate them as much as I do?

On OSX, try changing the theme and see if that doesn't remedy your tab problem.
There's also a config thing for the alt+s thing. Let me find it.

There is safari on OSX o_O

FF usually gets fixed fast, IE on the other hand, in two years or so MS will release a patch.

Bah... you kids and your themes. When I read the internets I don't need my web browser looking like some hopped up, brightly colored, series of neon tubes. In my day web browsers were bland and drab and that's the way I likes it!

Uh

All I want is a dark theme. My desktop theme is dark, everything is set up dark. I don't like to have a really bright screen blasting my face all the time.

I love FF2. IE7 is installed but otherwise I haven't touched it other than surf a few pages. I haven't had to deal with accidental spyware infections in over two years so im not eager to go back. If I had to change I would go Opera before I go back to IE.

Bah... you kids and your themes. When I read the internets I don't need my web browser looking like some hopped up, brightly colored, series of neon tubes. In my day web browsers were bland and drab and that's the way I likes it!

Back in my day we had a separate little house out in the back yard you had to go sit in to read internets.

So am I the lone Opera user in this group?

I installed IE7. Haven't used it too much. Anything on the computer by MS scares me. I'm actually somewhat surprised I never made the complete switch to either OSX or FreeBSD. (E17 looks really really nice.)

There is safari on OSX o_O

That's what I use currently because FF1x would have tab issues under OSX. Mostly not being able to click on other tabs after 10+ are opened.

From GM for the alt+s solution.

Then close->open FF.

On OSX, try changing the theme and see if that doesn't remedy your tab problem.
There's also a config thing for the alt+s thing. Let me find it.

danke danke.