Firefox 2 & IE7

I understand none of this. To me, there is little difference in speed or features between the various browsers out there. To me, tabs seem pointless. Plugins for Winamp? Why? Flash works fine for me in IE7 and isn't any slower than FF2 in Ubuntu.

I drive the car I drive because I'd be scared to death of the other retards on the road if I didn't have something with a touch of performance to it. I need a car that does exactly what I tell it to when I tell it to do it. I'm very certain that if I weren't in that car, I would have been in 4 or 5 accidents by now because of other people's stupidity. For me, it isn't about penis-enhancement or extras. I don't fear for my life because a page renders a tenth of a second slower in one browser over another.

Tabs? Pointless? Do you have more than one browser going at any given time? That seems too much imo. :hs:

I honestly don't know how to explain why I hate IE. But even with tabs, I still don't like it. (Though, I do think their "show all tabs" thing is kinda neat. Of course, so is operas screenshots one.)

Some of the features of Opera I'd not want to leave are features such as alt-f11 where it will zoom all images that break h-scroll, force word wrap on longs words, and removes all low-contrast settings so there is no hidden text. Mainly the zooming the images is cool. I also like the very low memory footprint. The ability to start up exactly how I last closed it. Small things.

It would be like getting a new car that didn't have a tap the button to take the window all the way down. Deal breaker? No. But I'd definitely bitch about it. :)

I understand none of this. To me, there is little difference in speed or features between the various browsers out there. To me, tabs seem pointless. Plugins for Winamp? Why? Flash works fine for me in IE7 and isn't any slower than FF2 in Ubuntu.

I drive the car I drive because I'd be scared to death of the other retards on the road if I didn't have something with a touch of performance to it. I need a car that does exactly what I tell it to when I tell it to do it. I'm very certain that if I weren't in that car, I would have been in 4 or 5 accidents by now because of other people's stupidity. For me, it isn't about p*nis-enhancement or extras. I don't fear for my life because a page renders a tenth of a second slower in one browser over another.

For me, it's about making browsing work for me, instead of the other way around. AdBlock kicks ass and tab browsing allows for an uncluttered space and easier browsing. Having a ton of browser windows in my taskbar clutters all of my desktop, not just a window. It's not about speed it's about control over the content that you want to see and don't wanna see. makes my life a helluva lot easier.

I haven't noticed too many changes from FF1.5 -> FF2.0, IE 7 feels like bloatware and kinda looks like ass

Back in my day we had a separate little house out in the back yard you had to go sit in to read internets.

*bows*

Your old-fu is greater than mine, sensei.

Is this a joke? Are you really whining about a web browser? That's like whining about toast. Its fucking toast for christs sake, its not supposed to be interesting or exciting. Who cares what you use to look at webpages? As long as they all render properly, all the extra doo-dads are completely unnecessary.

Ah, and you, sir, are at least my equal. You may not know it, and you may not be trying, but you're a cantankerous old bastard at heart. Admit it, embrace it, and keep them damn kids off your lawn! *shakes fist at god*