Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Cop I was talking to in line yesterday at Costco thinks there's a real good chance that he's already had it. Was hospitalized for three days in December with a 104F fever and severe shortness of breath. At the time, all they could tell him was that it was some kind of super virus. He's still got mild breathing issues. Crazy+++

this shit was 100000% here around xmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be nice if we could get honest information out of our media and more importantly, our “elected” representatives. When I see the president say the reason we have more cases than China is because we have more tests being done, followed by an expert saying we don’t have enough tests, what’s a person going to do?

Question authoritah, that’s what.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia and nukes
Heard some snippet in passing that all kinda work-from-home people are appearing half dressed, unkempt, unclean, or have something "unprofessional" in the background during their video conferencing.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and OOD
Heard some snippet in passing that all kinda work-from-home people are appearing half dressed, unkempt, unclean, or have something "unprofessional" in the background during their video conferencing.
Of course. At a certain point it's patently obvious that we're all savages.
The only thing that kept those sots together was knowing they would be in tight quarters with others.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and HipHugHer
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO POISE AND GRACE?

Fuck it, Imma shave my head and wear a Lemmy beard.

How does that work?
Is the year considered complete and they move on to the next grade?
No idea. Their current guidance, aside from "hey, we're shut", is "stand by to stand by".

The boy's current work doesn't support him moving on to 8th grade, and while we were working on that, I'm not sure whether he deserves to move on.

No idea. Their current guidance, aside from "hey, we're shut", is "stand by to stand by".

The boy's current work doesn't support him moving on to 8th grade, and while we were working on that, I'm not sure whether he currently deserves to move on.

Yeah all that was my next question.
Not your son in particular.
Just in general about those kids who might be behind but were on the edge.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Heard a news thing yesterday that in some places the stay at home schoolwork might not be counted towards grades?
Might've heard that wrong, or maybe they figure just keep the mind working instead of going on a 6 month summer vacation.

Trying to have a day of rest and self care surrounded by teddy bears. Been informed food banks have run out of sanitary products for periods. Now expending energy trying to get some method of bulk buying via a third source then doing a crowd fund to pay for it, or hounding companies to donate like they should be.
I cant wait to go back to bed tonight.