Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

my job just announced that we can sign up for a third shot/booster
The inclusion of heath care workers seems unnecessary (and political). They should see the most community spread and are therefore getting regular 'boosters' from patients. Additionally, vaccine risk is never zero. The last thing we need is bad press.

Thankfully, I'm just an idiot and don't have to make real decisions.

We usually do Bucs game at our house on Sundays. Had a friend that we don't see all that often reach out and ask if we were still getting together, so I invited him. The day of, I realized that he probably wasn't vaxxed, which he confirmed. So rather than poll the other guests to see if they were okay with that, I had to uninvite him.

He came to our run club on Tuesday vaccinated. Yay!

We usually do Bucs game at our house on Sundays. Had a friend that we don't see all that often reach out and ask if we were still getting together, so I invited him. The day of, I realized that he probably wasn't vaxxed, which he confirmed. So rather than poll the other guests to see if they were okay with that, I had to uninvite him.

Did you card him or take his word for it?

The power of peer pressure and premium rim jobs saves another life.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: Immigrant and fly
The inclusion of heath care workers seems unnecessary (and political). They should see the most community spread and are therefore getting regular 'boosters' from patients. Additionally, vaccine risk is never zero. The last thing we need is bad press.

Thankfully, I'm just an idiot and don't have to make real decisions.
yeah, they're not making the booster mandatory (initial vaccination is, though). it's possible it's a CYA thing, like because it is *available* they don't want to not offer it and then have someone get it.

apparently you don't have to wait out on other vaccines with the booster, so if'n I get it I should be able to double up & get my flu shot at the same time.

Did fly really just suggest that healthcare workers regularly get "boosters" by being exposed? Thats in line with the dumbasses suggesting COVID parties.

Did fly really just suggest that healthcare workers regularly get "boosters" by being exposed? Thats in line with the dumbasses suggesting COVID parties.
That is indeed exactly how it works.

Do you really think your immune system cares if the spike protein is real or not? It does not. In addition, with real exposure you'll also generate antibodies for the N-protein (and probably others) as well, providing a much more robust preparedness for any variants.

Dick :lol:

edit: You'll also likely generate more robust IGg (I think) antibodies in your mucosal immune system to fight off further exposure more quickly.

Last edited:
the middle G is the lowercase one, the Ig in IgG/IgA/IgM/IgE/etc is for "immunoglobulin" (I mention that bc remembering that is the only way I ever get it right without having to look up the correct capitalization every time like I have to with hCG)

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
More good news. We will soon have an awesome new anti-viral drug to keep people out of the hospital and dying. This one is actually a pill that people can take, rather than some of the previous ones that are IV. It seems the results were *so* good that they stopped the trials and are immediately requesting an EUA.

The bad news. This is yet another reason for the unvaccinated to stay that way. This drug is essentially only for them, as they're the ones ending up in the hospital and dying.

The funny news. Even though this is a brand new, experimental drug that has no long term studies in humans, these mouthbreathers will almost certainly be lining up to take this shit when they get sick. Instead of a $40 vaccine, they'll consume thousands of dollars of pills with a Big Mac and a Mountain Dew.