Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

My folks had a spare.

I was in my teens when I figured out I was a mistake, which my mom got pissed off about when I said it out loud. She clarified “NOT a mistake. Unplanned, yes, but not a mistake.” So what did they do? Had another. Now I have a little sister that for a few days every year, we are the same age.

I dislike birthdays and have since I outgrew birthday gifts. I feel birthday congratulations are deserved by the parents, not the kid who did nothing but get squirted out of a vagina. Big fuckin whoop.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
the conversation meandered a bit so I apologize if I unintentionally moved any goalposts here. I'm going to try to double back a bit and make better/clearer points bc my brain is a mess.

- there are degrees in between complete lockdown/spend billions and expecting everyone to go 100% back to normal.

- while I'm not comfortable personally considering the latter until my kid can get vaccinated, I do understand why people who don't have little kids to consider are ready for it.

- I don't think the former is the answer, either, I think that we just need to try to make the best personal choices we can, but other peoples' choices have a potential to impact us.

- the last two years have shown me that people consistently make selfish personal choices, so I have a tendency to overinflate risk potential to account for others' dishonesty and/or stupidity. remember when people were doing "bubbles" ? and they were about as honest about that as they were with their doctor about how much they drink or how much exercise they get? or when people talked about "quarantining" but definitely still continued to have physical contact with others?

- while those things don't affect the data at large that say what the average/overall risk is, a given individual's risk may be higher based on a number of factors, it's not as simple as a dice roll.
I mean, the risk still isn't zero for your kid *after* vaccination. So then what?

Its also good to know that we're in like 99% agreement. We need to get more people vaccinated (or less ideally, infected) ASAP.

My folks had a spare.

I was in my teens when I figured out I was a mistake, which my mom got pissed off about when I said it out loud. She clarified “NOT a mistake. Unplanned, yes, but not a mistake.” So what did they do? Had another. Now I have a little sister that for a few days every year, we are the same age.

I dislike birthdays and have since I outgrew birthday gifts. I feel birthday congratulations are deserved by the parents, not the kid who did nothing but get squirted out of a vagina. Big fuckin whoop.
I have two, because I knew I blew the first one big time, so I wanted to start over on a fresh copy.

• Haha
  • Gravy
Reactions: OOD and fly
I mean, the risk still isn't zero for your kid *after* vaccination. So then what?

Its also good to know that we're in like 99% agreement. We need to get more people vaccinated (or less ideally, infected) ASAP.
then I'll still be worried, just technically slightly less :fly:

• Haha
Reactions: fly

"Well, then I pack that worry away. Wrap it up in some nice tissue paper and label the box accordingly so when Covid25 comes around I know which one to reopen."

I just want to make sure I have lots of replacement parts in case of organ failure.

I know august didn’t say that. I accidentally clicked the wrong quote and messed it up when I tried to fix it.
it's smart to make a bunch of extras because they only contain part of your DNA so the more you have, the more chances at least one is a match

both of Jason's parents have like 10 siblings each and having gone back through our genealogy that's about standard for his side of the family, lots and lots of kids. my side of the family is historically far less fecund :lol:

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi
Some local missus posted some bullshit on facebook that her daughter's 13 year old friend had a bad reaction to a vaccine, went to hospital, went into cardiac arrest multiple times, etc... shit spread like wildfire across Facebook.

Of course everyone working at EHS and the local children's hospital was like... huh? we never had any patient in care have any of that happen. Turns out the whole thing was complete fabrication.

Missus since deleted her facebook account, but fuck... why do people have to do shit like that.

Day 9000. Masks work except for the ones that don't except for the ones that do. Let's face it 95s suck to breath through and what little there is to breath through gets clogged up with cat dander or rabbit fur in about 5-10 minutes and causes the user to say fuck this shit anyway. The ones that are easier to breath through we thought might provide some level of while if it catches some breath might catch some virus in that breath vapor turns out to be not worth much of a shit either.
Not denigrating things. Early on nobody (as far as we've been told) knew much about what's going on so recommendations changed and the more we knew the more we knew.

These days the people saying "wear a mask or you're going to kill everyone" are starting to look like dummies and the people that said "masks R dumb" are getting validated.
Not saying they're smart or they knew all along or something, they didnt, they just rolled 7s.

Remember when some folks were worried they might spread disease if they didn't wear a cloth mask on a lightly populated jogging trail.

Remember when folks were disinfecting their mail and treating their garages as a decon room?

My folks did all those things.
But hey they didn't catch it.

holy fuck. no one in Orange County wears masks NO ONE..
LA people are actually better with the masks.

what a world of difference from Canadians and the masks. YES we have protests and anti maskers but literally nothing compared to the madness here

night and day

what a world of difference from Canadians and the masks. YES we have protests and anti maskers but literally nothing compared to the madness here

night and day
enjoy your re-coviding.

• Haha
Reactions: fly

night and day
California knows how to party