Ontopic Find all your Covid-19 needs here!

Dudes running to be mayor of NYC. If he could make UBI work there, it would work anywhere.

The point of UBI is not to give someone a slush fund that allows them to laze around and do nothing all day. Its to give them a reasonable base, such that they dont have to work two jobs just to survive.
From what I gather from the podcast, it would be *much* easier federally, cause we could implement VAT to pay for part it. Apparently, that gets around all these tech companies that don't really produce anything and escape taxes.

If you get bored, he was on a Freakonomics podcast (probably) last year discussing it. Again, I kinda hate the idea, but I hate it a lot less after listening to him discuss it.

This is somewhat anecdotal, but there have been absolutely zero superspreading events in our county, which is one of the largest school systems in the country. For reasons that I haven't seen backed up by science yet, spread rates are extremely low.
Could it just be that Florida has been lying through their teeth about all of this since the beginning?

If i were king of the world, or at least the US for a day, I would just shut the whole damn country down for 2 months. Freeze all mortgages and leases so the businesses dont keep having to pay out, without income coming in. Vaccinate all the essential workers (grocery, medical, etc), Set up a rationing ticket system if you have to like in WWII.

Of course this is a zero'th-order concept thats fraught with all kinds of peril, but drastic immediate action.
Here's the deal (to go all Biden on you): nobody's staying in for two months.

We're now 11 months into "lock down for two weeks", because nobody will actually lock down for two weeks.

Unless you've got the National Guard going patrolling the streets and shooting people, what you want, and what you get, ain't gonna be similar.

Here's the deal (to go all Biden on you): nobody's staying in for two months.

We're now 11 months into "lock down for two weeks", because nobody will actually lock down for two weeks.

Unless you've got the National Guard going patrolling the streets and shooting people, what you want, and what you get, ain't gonna be similar.
people suck so much

• Gravy
Reactions: JAXvillain
My wife has three degrees. She'll be retired before she pays off her student loans.

Teachers in GA are priority after the elderly and health workers. That being said, roll-out in GA is going really slow.
My wife is 2nd priority and she's supposed to get it now except nobody has it. We have no idea how to get it.