WTF Feurgesonserhad or however you spell it

I don't care what the rest of his post says. This says it all right here.

If you don't care about what's going on in this town and why it's happening and why it's important to the rest of our society then you're not being a good American, you have nothing to be proud of in that regard.
I disagree. Because this came up in Ferguson doesn't mean the entire world takes note. Kids of all color get killed every day. Kids of all color better themselves every day. It's not the rest of the worlds responsibility to take note. Take responsibility for yourself. Control Yourself. Be responsible for your own moral compass.

Damm amstel that sounded mighty racist ...
I'll tell you what I'm tickled about, is that there are actually a few that are trying to get out the 'personal responsibility' message out. I'm tired of hearing someone somewhere is being oppressed because they're 'this color' so Imma burn this store down after I steal from it.

He's exactly right. You want your neighborhood to change? Be the change.

I disagree. Because this came up in Ferguson doesn't mean the entire world takes note. Kids of all color get killed every day. Kids of all color better themselves every day. It's not the rest of the worlds responsibility to take note. Take responsibility for yourself. Control Yourself. Be responsible for your own moral compass.

I guess you didn't grok that I was referring to American society, not the world.

meh. American Society, Missouri, or Ferguson, or whatever county they're in. Hell, whatever block they're on. If you're walking by and see a crime, call the cops. Don't expect 'American society' to come.

There are still places where parents tell their kids, 'you go to jail, I'll leave you there. I don't care if you're innocent. You shouldn't have been where you were, with the people you were with, doing what you were doing. You shouldn't be anywhere near a problem and if you are you'll suffer the consequences.'

meh. American Society, Missouri, or Ferguson, or whatever county they're in. Hell, whatever block they're on. If you're walking by and see a crime, call the cops. Don't expect 'American society' to come.

There are still places where parents tell their kids, 'you go to jail, I'll leave you there. I don't care if you're innocent. You shouldn't have been where you were, with the people you were with, doing what you were doing. You shouldn't be anywhere near a problem and if you are you'll suffer the consequences.'

and there are still places where you can't catch a cab, or get followed around stores, or are assumed guilty or thuggish or dangerous, just because of your skin color. you could have done nothing wrong and still this shit can happen to you.

does that mean you're OK with illegal search and seizure? because I mean, if you're not hiding anything, you won't get in trouble, there are still places in this country where people take responsibility for themselves you know, they don't wait for American Society to help out when the cops are trampling their rights, jeez, sack up a little

So the parent is abdicating their responsibilities to raise the kid correctly and dumping those responsibilities onto the child?
Neat

and there are still places where you can't catch a cab, or get followed around stores, or are assumed guilty or thuggish or dangerous, just because of your skin color. you could have done nothing wrong and still this shit can happen to you.

does that mean you're OK with illegal search and seizure? because I mean, if you're not hiding anything, you won't get in trouble, there are still places in this country where people take responsibility for themselves you know, they don't wait for American Society to help out when the cops are trampling their rights, jeez, sack up a little

You're wasting your breath. Amstel thinks these things only happen to poor people, and poor people are poor because they haven't chosen to be rich. I mean anyone can become anything in America right?

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
if you refuse to understand that police brutality is a thing, that it disproportionately occurs against people of color, that we as a society still have a fucking LOT of work to do to overcome institutionalized racism, that children of color are more likely to have obstacles to overcome to better themselves, that our society places more value on white people than people of color, that it is heartbreaking but not at all surprising that a white cop can shoot an unarmed black teenager and not even go to trial about it (but when a black woman fires a warning shot that hurts nobody, in self defense, there's no grand jury circus and she has to make plea bargain to avoid being sentenced to 60 years), then I am sorry but you are either willfully ignorant or a goddamn moron

obviously you not wanting to feel icky is more important than not being ok with murderers escapeing trial. so sorry to offend you, sweetcheeks.

if you refuse to understand that police brutality is a thing, that it disproportionately occurs against people of color, that we as a society still have a fucking LOT of work to do to overcome institutionalized racism, that children of color are more likely to have obstacles to overcome to better themselves, that our society places more value on white people than people of color, that it is heartbreaking but not at all surprising that a white cop can shoot an unarmed black teenager and not even go to trial about it (but when a black woman fires a warning shot that hurts nobody, in self defense, there's no grand jury circus and she has to make plea bargain to avoid being sentenced to 60 years), then I am sorry but you are either willfully ignorant or a goddamn moron
The guy in the video I posted goes over that it's not a white persons problem, it's the perceived look that some black people give off because of the culture of not taking personal responsibility. It sounds so harsh, but watch the video; what he says makes sense.

obviously you not wanting to feel icky is more important than not being ok with murderers escapeing trial. so sorry to offend you, sweetcheeks.
Offend me? You give me WAY too much credit. :lol: It's about people stopping their own stupidity. It's not a simple black/white issue (color, not race).

It has nothing to do with icky. Which, is interesting that you use that word. It's not icky. And you're not a hero because you feel it is and want to advocate for them. It's stupid people doing stupid things. People who don't want to be near that should get a way from it. Plan it. Do it. You know, personal responsibility? I could care less if the rest of them beat the shit out of each other. They're seeking opportunities to shit on each other. It's unfortunate, but that doesn't make it the least bit my responsibility. You can't legislate stupidity away. You can't give it enough opportunity to change. That's why it's called stupid.

All day long I talk with people. Several of whom tell me, "I know I have bad credit. None of it is my fault. The business that I bought 10 years ago was sold to me for too much. The equipment isn't making me the money. The staff is stealing from me. But if YOU'D just give me some money I can get new equipment, I'm hiring now, and making things right now. But my success is all dependent on YOU GIVING TO ME AND TRUSTING I'LL PAY YOU BACK. I really politely tell them that the lenders don't want to be the next people to hear how the equipment wasn't quite right, employees stole, and you paid too much. I have other ways to help them. Cosigners, Collateral, slightly more restrictive terms and they all say the same thing. "I don't deserve to be treated that way."

You can crusading for people who blame everyone else for whats going on. And to 'some' extent, they may be right. But it's not 100% doom and gloom. They need to be the change.

Offend me? You give me WAY too much credit. :lol: It's about people stopping their own stupidity. It's not a simple black/white issue (color, not race).

It has nothing to do with icky. Which, is interesting that you use that word. It's not icky. And you're not a hero because you feel it is and want to advocate for them. It's stupid people doing stupid things. People who don't want to be near that should get a way from it. Plan it. Do it. You know, personal responsibility? I could care less if the rest of them beat the shit out of each other. They're seeking opportunities to shit on each other. It's unfortunate, but that doesn't make it the least bit my responsibility. You can't legislate stupidity away. You can't give it enough opportunity to change. That's why it's called stupid.

All day long I talk with people. Several of whom tell me, "I know I have bad credit. None of it is my fault. The business that I bought 10 years ago was sold to me for too much. The equipment isn't making me the money. The staff is stealing from me. But if YOU'D just give me some money I can get new equipment, I'm hiring now, and making things right now. But my success is all dependent on YOU GIVING TO ME AND TRUSTING I'LL PAY YOU BACK. I really politely tell them that the lenders don't want to be the next people to hear how the equipment wasn't quite right, employees stole, and you paid too much. I have other ways to help them. Cosigners, Collateral, slightly more restrictive terms and they all say the same thing. "I don't deserve to be treated that way."

You can crusading for people who blame everyone else for whats going on. And to 'some' extent, they may be right. But it's not 100% doom and gloom. They need to be the change.
now you're comparing people being outraged that the dude who shot and killed an unarmed teenager isn't even going to trial to people upset because they have bad credit?

The guy in the video I posted goes over that it's not a white persons problem, it's the perceived look that some black people give off because of the culture of not taking personal responsibility. It sounds so harsh, but watch the video; what he says makes sense.
I can't watch it yet because I'm still at work; I will when I get home.

You're wasting your breath. Amstel thinks these things only happen to poor people, and poor people are poor because they haven't chosen to be rich. I mean anyone can become anything in America right?

the problem with associating wealth to virtue. people refusing to admit that social upheaval which took place merely a generation ago can affect people that were not alive when it happened.

oh, well OK. as long as that one black guy says so, we must actually be loving in a post-racial society where police brutality isn't an issue and where the targets of brutality aren't overwhelmingly people of color. glad that got cleared up for me.
yeah, sure, the unarmed teen deserved to be gunned down for a crime he may or may not have committed (due process? what's that?) despite the fact that far more dangerous criminals have been apprehended, while obviously armed, without that outcome.
For one, we have to trust that the people on the grand jury were impartial. Otherwise the whole system comes unraveled, and I doubt you have any better solutions.

And as far as we both know (since we were not in the courtroom), the officer was justified in using deadly force because a 6'3" man beast was beating the shit out of him. He certainly was not gunned down because of any crime he committed before their interaction, as you seem to suggest.