Fatty go Bye Bye

yeah, I am looking for long term help so I think I will just stick to the exercising and lifestyle change. Good thing is I love vodka and diet!!! haha

You, Candy and Shawn... I swear. :lol:

Definitely try swimming, it may feel goofy at first... but you will feel it the next day.

Thank you guys for being serious(even wonko). It is something I am truly worried about and a giant challenge I will be facing. I wish I never had gotten into this situation and I can only blame myself. I just want to be healthy again and lose this god awful "fat guy" name. Sadly it took me this long to get my mindset right.

Whoa and I thought I drank a lot at work. 2-3 bottles of water...

This office goes through the most water I swear. We always have 6 or 7 24 packs of water. The owner used to own a water company, lol. There are about 10 5 gallon jugs of water in the break room which we go through every 5 days.

Yeah, I am also working on this. I havent done any major lifestyle changes yet and know I need to cause I am truly concerned with my health.

Just don't lose it too fast and drink plenty of water your skin should be able to keep up just fine.

6. Most importantly if you are more than 75 pounds overweight DO NOT try to lose weight too fast. The more you weigh the easier it will be to lose weight so ease into it slowly so you only lose about 3 pounds per week. Doing this will prevent the sagging skin. If you lose weight too fast you will end up with loose skin 90% of the time.
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/4914/1/Losing-Weight-While-Keeping-Your-Skin-Firm.html

I need to lose about 15 lbs myself .. or I'm not going swimming this year :lol:

This office goes through the most water I swear. We always have 6 or 7 24 packs of water. The owner used to own a water company, lol. There are about 10 5 gallon jugs of water in the break room which we go through every 5 days.

Is it possible to stop drinking beer? Or maybe a Michalob lite? :fly:

Smoking also makes you gain weight. :hs:

i worked with a guy that was HUGE. Once he started to work out and quit drinking, he became quite skinny. But not in a flattering way. He lost so much weight so fast he looked like a giant, wrinkley penis.

Should I follow an actual diet plan? Like grape fruit diet? I cant do Atkins cause my body just flat out fails when I dont have carbs.

I am not an expert on any of this... but I've found different diets work for different people.

Just count your fat grams and calories. :hs:

Should I follow an actual diet plan? Like grape fruit diet? I cant do Atkins cause my body just flat out fails when I dont have carbs.

Try the south beach diet. It cuts out bad carbs. And you don't have a "limit" to how much you can eat, just what you can't eat (certain foods).

They have micro meals too .. so tha tmakes it easy. They are pretty cheap to, $2.50 a piece.

Another question...

I dont and havent gained weight in about a year and a half. I have been around 250 for awhile now. If I concentrate mainly on exercise will I lose weight since I havent gained much of any on my current?

Sorry but I am truly a noob as anyone can clearly tell in losing weight.

You won't lose much weight by just working out, no. You'll just gain muscle though .. so techincally you'd get heavier (since muscle weighs more than fat) but you would lose some inches.

Diet is a key part in losing weight, so is water.

Another question...

I dont and havent gained weight in about a year and a half. I have been around 250 for awhile now. If I concentrate mainly on exercise will I lose weight since I havent gained much of any on my current?

Sorry but I am truly a noob as anyone can clearly tell in losing weight.

if you just start exercising and change nothing else, you'll still lose
edit: as long as you effectively exercise in an aerobic manner

Last edited:
Don't even worry about crunches and situps. Do cardio and some basic weight training. And as others have said, make a persistent, gradual loss your goal. Don't expect to see a 10 pound loss in two weeks, which seems to discourage most people.

Also, I would suggest posting pics of yourself so we can document your process. As stupid as it sounds, having other people tell you you're doing good or criticize your progress will push you.

I have a community pool 3 doors down but as much as I used to enjoy swimming, because of my body I dont go without a shirt. I know its petty and childish but I am just to insecure for swimming.

I have been doing jumping jacks, is that along the lines of what your saying?
So you're concerned that your already fat and I have to assume slightly embarrassed by it, yet you would also be embarrassed by trying to exercise to get rid of it? No one will care because you will be exercising. If it were me, I'd rather lose weight effectively and have people see my fat than to lose weight slowly but staying covered up.

Swimming has got to be a billion times better than jumping jacks. You'd be better off doing the plyometrics than jumping jacks.

Don't even worry about crunches and situps. Do cardio and some basic weight training. And as others have said, make a persistent, gradual loss your goal. Don't expect to see a 10 pound loss in two weeks, which seems to discourage most people.

Also, I would suggest posting pics of yourself so we can document your process. As stupid as it sounds, having other people tell you you're doing good or criticize your progress will push you.

I dont have enough self confidence to post pics of my fat belly, nor do I think anyone would care to see that. ;)

I plan to lose 60-70 pounds in 10 months is my ultimate goal.

I know you guys arent "experts" but do you think this would be better for slower weight loss? at first anyways?

No because it tends to not work. Exercise will make you hungry. Hungrier than you currently are. If you don't change your diet and attempt to eat correctly and less, you will find yourself eating more crappy food because hey, you're exercising now. It's like a free junk meal ticket.

Last edited: