Fatty go Bye Bye

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
So I am starting my attempt to loose weight. I actually started 2 weeks ago by doing an hour a day at the house just on random things. I found a nice area where I can pull my couch up to the stairs and do a declined push up set on. I am also running each day and attempting sit ups. I say attempting cause I have a rather large gut and I am such a fatty crunchs are hard.

I also just put a bid in for a 900 dollar treadmill so I can run in the house when I dont feel like dealing with the heat. I know its better to run outside but my body just cant handle 91 degree weather.

I was wondering if any of you Tampa folk have any old equipment you are not using or know someone who does?

Also I am wondering some things that concern me. I am 255 pounds right now and have quite a large beer belly. Would it be better for me to lose the weight slowly or does it matter. I see these people who have crazy extra skin after rapid weight loss and it honestly scares me a bit(a lot). I know I can lose weight pretty rapidly when I try. Anyone got any suggestion or have gone from my size down? I want to lose a total of 70 pounds over the next 10 months.

This is something I am pretty open about but to be completely honest of course being over weight bothers me. I really only care for suggestion and help so I am making this ontopic. Thanks ;)

A question I do not feel comfortable asking...

Do you think I will have hanging extra skin after coming down from 250? Honestly I would almost rather not lose it if I am gonna look all funky, id rather just be fat.

Do you think I will have hanging extra skin after coming down from 250? Honestly I would almost rather not lose it if I am gonna look all funky, id rather just be fat.

Not really... that isn't a drastic change like 500lbs to 180lbs.

it depends a good bit on your genetics I believe...skin elasticity varies from person to person

edit: but yeah, as ape said above, that's prolly not enough to cause bad skin problems

Not really... that isn't a drastic change like 500lbs to 180lbs.

it depends a good bit on your genetics I believe...skin elasticity varies from person to person

edit: but yeah, as ape said above, that's prolly not enough to cause bad skin problems

Which is what I thought, I am just terrified of having those nasty looking flaps, much rather just be fat.

My skin is not in bad shape so hopefully it will be fine. If not I can always get fat again :fly: :eek:

if you're going to run then do HIIT. running at a sustained speed for long periods of time does little more good than walking briskly for the same amount of time

lift weights, situps are pretty pointless at this stage. they burn very little calories and good abs are made in the kitchen. go to a gym and start lifting, situps are a massive waste of your time

if you're going to run then do HIIT. running at a sustained speed for long periods of time does little more good than walking briskly for the same amount of time

lift weights, situps are pretty pointless at this stage. they burn very little calories and good abs are made in the kitchen. go to a gym and start lifting, situps are a massive waste of your time

Explain a little more about HIIT if you could.

I honestly cant budget in a Gym membership right now. The treadmill I am buying is only at 200 right now so hopefully I can get that. Sadly the only gym in walking distance from my house wants a 150 sign up with a 2 year contract and 50 bucks a month. Its a fancy pants gym :(

If you try to get out of the 2 year contract they make you pay something like half a year of fees. My roomies exgirlfriend went there and they completely killed her when she tried to get out.

That's fucking gay that my post was deleted. It had a link to a guy who had flabby skin after losing a ton of weight, which is a concern BeeRad has posted about twice in this thread. Bunch of whiny girls around here.

Also, I'd say swimming is something you should try to do. It's a great full body workout that is much lower impact than running, which is horrendous on knees.

I also tried plyometrics (jumping exercises) and found them to really help my abs much more than situps/crunches ever did. Plus, they really helped my hockey stride.

That's fucking gay that my post was deleted. It had a link to a guy who had flabby skin after losing a ton of weight, which is a concern BeeRad has posted about twice in this thread. Bunch of whiny girls around here.

Also, I'd say swimming is something you should try to do. It's a great full body workout that is much lower impact than running, which is horrendous on knees.

I also tried plyometrics (jumping exercises) and found them to really help my abs much more than situps/crunches ever did. Plus, they really helped my hockey stride.

the link didn't go to anything but the front page of a site...offtopic

swimming ++
I was a swimmer most of my life and was in insane shape no matter how much eating or partying I did

Your link went nowhere bud(actually it went to the home page) ;) but it also wasn't needed.

I have a community pool 3 doors down but as much as I used to enjoy swimming, because of my body I dont go without a shirt. I know its petty and childish but I am just to insecure for swimming.

I have been doing jumping jacks, is that along the lines of what your saying?

They help you lose weight, but if you aren't working out and eating right when you stop taking them you are going to be right back at square one.

yeah, I am looking for long term help so I think I will just stick to the exercising and lifestyle change. Good thing is I love vodka and diet!!! haha