Fatties Unite!

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
So Tish and I decided to blow a load and purchace an Elliptical machine. We did this about a month ago, and today it finally arrived! - 1 month earlier than we were told it would (new model on backorder).
Neither of us have time to go to the Y since the baby was born (not that we went often) and we figured we could hammer out 20-30 min a day while the kid is napping or before bed.
It got here just in time too. my 38 pants are getting very snug. Ive got to put it together when i get home and hope to be done with it sometime before the next ice age.

Pics when i get home! ... but i havent set the uploader back up since i changed hosts last week... so pics sometime soon!

what we got:
http://www.nordictrack.com/cgi-bin/...3&prrfnbr=1538116&cgrfnbr=46527&rootcat=46525

hope we didnt get ripped off.

Galen said:
Then go swimming.

That looks like the biggest waste of money ever.

what part of no free time do you not understand? We dont have a pool and its shit ass cold from September-April around here.

HydroSqueegee said:
what part of no free time do you not understand? We dont have a pool and its shit ass cold from September-April around here.
There's public pools and members club pools. And if you don't have time, then make time. Get up on a sunday morning and go. It needs dedication, not a fucking $1000 step machine.

Run up and down the stairs for fuck sake, it'll do more for you than that thing.

Galen said:
There's public pools and members club pools. And if you don't have time, then make time. Get up on a sunday morning and go. It needs dedication, not a fucking $1000 step machine.

Run up and down the stairs for fuck sake, it'll do more for you than that thing.

will you come baby sit my son for free so i can go?

HydroSqueegee said:
will you come baby sit my son for free so i can go?
The point our distinguished friend made inadvertantly is that no matter how much equipment you have for exercise you need the motivation the do it. Pointless running/swimming etc. when there are a hundred better things to do is the kind of motivation needed. If motivated youll just drop and do 50 a couple times of day with no excuse.

YMMV

Ok, perhaps you people did not understand the dillema that he is having. No time to go to gym!

I hate the elipitcal machine I always feel like I'm about to fall off, I would prefer walking on a tredmill for hours.

Dharma1521 said:
Ok, perhaps you people did not understand the dillema that he is having. No time to go to gym!

I hate the elipitcal machine I always feel like I'm about to fall off, I would prefer walking on a tredmill for hours.

exactly. no time! with the machine at home, we both can pump out 30min here and there. The motivation is there. Shit, we even go on walks when we can. The only free time we tend to have is after 9pm and a couple spotty hours on the weekend (she works and we have housework/yardwork/family obligations on weekends)

HydroSqueegee said:
exactly. no time! with the machine at home, we both can pump out 30min here and there. The motivation is there. Shit, we even go on walks when we can. The only free time we tend to have is after 9pm and a couple spotty hours on the weekend (she works and we have housework/yardwork/family obligations on weekends)

I completely understand where you are coming from. I unfortunately, also do not have the motivation, so I don't even bother finding the 30 min here and there to do workouts at home.

Dharma1521 said:

Agreed I rather use a Stairclimber machine before an elipitcal machine.:eek: