Fart Hood Sharting

:hi2u: I'll always be your re-

oh wait. serious question?

I don't know if I will go for a commission at some point. we'll see

Jeezus God, I open this bitch up and almost choked on my lovely alfredo grubz when I saw the new title.

maybe one day off in the future :p but if I'm gonna wear a butter bar I want to do it as a Marine first

besides, our uniforms still look better!

they're supposed to be checked into the armory but if you've already got a base sticker on your car all the check is your id

navy bases tend to be guarded by private contractors, don't know about army. then again some MPs are lazy as fuck; friend picked me up at camp pendleton once and the guards wouldn't even come out of the shack because it was raining. just waved him on through

though he was driving a saab

Most DoD areas are guarded by private contractors now. It was all part of the post 9/11 GWOT money intended on freeing up people from BS jobs for deployments. Over my 18 years as an Army Brat and my 10 plus years in the AF I was only searched once coming into a base stateside. That was on 9/11. If you have an ID you just come on in. This isn't the first time there has been a massive base shooting. There was one at Fairchild back in the 90's killing 4 and injuring like 23. They had that one on Video. Dude was in the water tower sniping people off and the SPs shot him out. I also remember one at Bragg in the 90s where the dude sniped like 20 plus people killing a few. Hell even in Killeen where Ft. Hood is located had that crazy dude gunned down like 23 people and injuring 20. I was also born at Fort Hood so that's another bad thing that happened there.

I've been searched once going onto a base and that was in the shuttle from the rinky dink airport to NAS Meridian. They searched the vehicle, we showed our IDs and we were good. From then on getting on and off base only required IDs.

Our current situation is fucked up because the Navy doesn't want to pay for the contractors to guard our gate anymore. :lol: Even though it's still their property, they only put their gate guards during high traffic hours and they're absent on the weekends.

so we said "fuck 'em" and built our own internal gate plus a guard house in the course of a couple days. a PFC with an M16 is a hell of a lot more effective than three of those fat/old/lazy idiots that once had to ask me "so out of curiosity, what do those letters mean on your ID?"

he was referring to my rank :dont:

I've been searched once going onto a base and that was in the shuttle from the rinky dink airport to NAS Meridian. They searched the vehicle, we showed our IDs and we were good. From then on getting on and off base only required IDs.

Our current situation is fucked up because the Navy doesn't want to pay for the contractors to guard our gate anymore. :lol: Even though it's still their property, they only put their gate guards during high traffic hours and they're absent on the weekends.

so we said "fuck 'em" and built our own internal gate plus a guard house in the course of a couple days. a PFC with an M16 is a hell of a lot more effective than three of those fat/old/lazy idiots that once had to ask me "so out of curiosity, what do those letters mean on your ID?"

he was referring to my rank :dont:

It's all the same company for all of DoD. We had them for our external door guards in Qatar and was able to get rid of them because they kept falling asleep on shift. That fact that SECDEF and POTIS were there alot didn't look good to have a guy sleeping out front.

Also when I was stationed in Turkey anyone who dealt with security at all had to sign forms. In Turkey due to the SOFA (Status of Forces Agreement) it is the only US Military Installation that is authorized the use of warning shots. The form instructed you to inform the person to stop once. If they don't you shoot once in the air. If they still continue you have to drop them via center mass. I've also worked in facilities that you are instructed if something happens and the security team is forced to breach the facility then you most immediately get on the ground. Due to the nature of what's in the facility anyone who is standing during a breach is immediately dropped under the thoughts that they are a hostile.

Most DoD areas are guarded by private contractors now. It was all part of the post 9/11 GWOT money intended on freeing up people from BS jobs for deployments. Over my 18 years as an Army Brat and my 10 plus years in the AF I was only searched once coming into a base stateside. That was on 9/11. If you have an ID you just come on in. This isn't the first time there has been a massive base shooting. There was one at Fairchild back in the 90's killing 4 and injuring like 23. They had that one on Video. Dude was in the water tower sniping people off and the SPs shot him out. I also remember one at Bragg in the 90s where the dude sniped like 20 plus people killing a few. Hell even in Killeen where Ft. Hood is located had that crazy dude gunned down like 23 people and injuring 20. I was also born at Fort Hood so that's another bad thing that happened there.
yup. at a luby's. it was right after that that GWB opened up CCW laws in Texas.

There was also the sniper in Austin in the UT clock tower back in the day. There's been an increasing amount of shooting rampages in the workplace since the 80's. A guy wrote a book on them called "Going Postal" which i keep meaning to read.