Ontopic Facebook Parenting

you're leaving out the part where she learned her shitty behavior from her drama queen father. you reap what you sow.

Yes, because 15 y/o girls are known for their reasonableness and all around mature behavior, in general. Obviously ONLY this one learned it from her parents.

I love how people bitch constantly about how people don't discipline their kids enough, then when they see it happening it's mean. He couldve spanked the shit out of her too, like I said relatively restrained.

I love how people bitch constantly about how people don't discipline their kids enough, then when they see it happening it's mean. He couldve spanked the shit out of her too, like I said relatively restrained.
I'm all for discipline. This is a wee extreme... He shot a fucking laptop. This guy just looks insane!

I'm all for discipline. This is a wee extreme... He shot a fucking laptop. This guy just looks insane!

Omg shooting a laptop is nothing special. It's no different than smashing it with a hammer. You are just freaking out because there are guns involved.

You city f*gs don't understand strong parenting. You'd rather be friends with your kids and share clothes and go on double dates. This dude is hard, and any dude who comes around looking for his daughter's v*gina is going to know it. And she won't disrespect him anymore either, without understanding the consequences.

I bitch about those people and I don't think this is mean. To the people that think its too much drama: You post on message boards. Full of drama. But you are different.

I didn't say I don't think discipline is a good idea, I just question his methods because I think there was a missed opportunity for teaching there. Plus I thought it was wasteful and I don't think you should teach your kids to be wasteful. I also think embarrassing your child is not necessarily the best way to build self esteem. Just like at work, praise publicly, criticize privately. If there is a teenager alive who hasn't complained about parents, chores, how hard life is, whatever, I'd really like to meet them. I think this guy is off his rocker and I don't think the girl will have learned the lessons he wanted to teach. I also don't think this video went viral because it's a good idea, I think it went viral because it's ridiculous and controversial, which are two major categories of viral videos out there.

I didn't say I don't think discipline is a good idea, I just question his methods because I think there was a missed opportunity for teaching there. Plus I thought it was wasteful and I don't think you should teach your kids to be wasteful. I also think embarrassing your child is not necessarily the best way to build self esteem. Just like at work, praise publicly, criticize privately. If there is a teenager alive who hasn't complained about parents, chores, how hard life is, whatever, I'd really like to meet them. I think this guy is off his rocker and I don't think the girl will have learned the lessons he wanted to teach. I also don't think this video went viral because it's a good idea, I think it went viral because it's ridiculous and controversial, which are two major categories of viral videos out there.
Embarassment is the BEST way to teach kids. I went to Catholic school, when some kid didn't turn in their homework on time THEIR NAME went ON THE BOARD. If there were names on the board, the ENTIRE class didnt get recess. This was highly effective. There were other similar punishments as well.

Also videos go viral because they are videos people want to talk about. THere is a video with some kid rapping about Jesus which is also trending for similar reason.

some of these made me laugh out loud AHAHAHAA

wvFVP.jpg

n9RRs.jpg

Embarassment is the BEST way to teach kids. I went to Catholic school, when some kid didn't turn in their homework on time THEIR NAME went ON THE BOARD. If there were names on the board, the ENTIRE class didnt get recess. This was highly effective. There were other similar punishments as well.

Also videos go viral because they are videos people want to talk about. THere is a video with some kid rapping about Jesus which is also trending for similar reason.

Sooo, the way you were brought up is the BEST? What is your basis for comparison? Or were you brought up more than one way? I didn't go to Catholic school and I didn't go to a school where people were embarrassed. I'm respectful and polite and responsible. I know a lot of other people like me.

Now, here's one version of the list of top 10 viral videos from last year. They all seem to be for entertainment value and very little in the way of "lesson learning stuff". http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,2101344_2100523_2100544,00.html