Ontopic Facebook Parenting

no. regardless he's the parent and shouldn't be stooping to her level.
She's not a little kid, if it was a kid, yeah then you don't "stoop to their level." She is not a little kid though, being a teenager is supposed to be when you learn that there are real consequences for the shit you do.

Teenagers are >.< Impossible. I have two of them, right now. I cannot convey, and find it imprudent, to post how I feel when they act out, but it's goddamn hard and I think he showed restraint if anything.

im on the fence about this....

ya maybe the daughter was being a typical teenager by acting like a little twat.. and sure her dad deserved to be mad..however, i think he went overboard...
i find his behavior threatening and out of control. this is something i picture L!AMZ doing.. LOLz

anyhoo, i think the father could have used a better method to get through to his daughter. shooting her laptop and posting a video (that has no gone viral) only makes HIM look like a degenerate fuck.

personally i would broken her laptop right in front of her.. not made a video of the shooting.

Couldn't he have donated the laptop to a needy person entering college or something rather than wasting it like that? If he wanted he could have made her give it away herself after meeting the person and learning what real hardship is like. That would have been a good lesson. Just seems like a waste if you ask me. Good idea but bad execution. As a teen I did way worse things then post something disrespectful on facebook anyway. What an overreaction! And making something useful into garbage on top of that. Seems like littering in the process. That girl just learned to hate her parents more.

you guys... are totally missing the point. think a youtube video of a dad getting mad and repossessing his daughters laptop to give to charity or something would've gone viral?

nah. he wanted over the top, and he went over the top. flawless execution imo.

and as someone who grew up around guns i see shooting it no different than breaking it in half or hitting it with a hammer or something. Just show's you have the whole fear based "OMG HE'S GOT A GUN HE MUST BE CRAZY" mentality.

the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. she's a spoiled drama queen because she learned it from him. he is most definitely a drama queen too.

Couldn't he have donated the laptop to a needy person entering college or something rather than wasting it like that? If he wanted he could have made her give it away herself after meeting the person and learning what real hardship is like. That would have been a good lesson. Just seems like a waste if you ask me. Good idea but bad execution. As a teen I did way worse things then post something disrespectful on facebook anyway. What an overreaction! And making something useful into garbage on top of that. Seems like littering in the process. That girl just learned to hate her parents more.

*claps*

even better.

the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. she's a spoiled drama queen because she learned it from him. he is most definitely a drama queen too.

Not really. If I work my ass off 5 days a week for years on end, provide for you, house you, feed you, buy you a laptop and you use that fucking laptop to continually slate me and call me a cunt then damn right I'm pissed off and you can go fuck yourself, child or not.

Not really. If I work my ass off 5 days a week for years on end, provide for you, house you, feed you, buy you a laptop and you use that fucking laptop to continually slate me and call me a cunt then damn right I'm pissed off and you can go fuck yourself, child or not.

you're leaving out the part where she learned her shitty behavior from her drama queen father. you reap what you sow.

you're leaving out the part where she learned her shitty behavior from her drama queen father. you reap what you sow.

I hate to generalize, but I'm pretty sure the majority of 15 year old girls are drama. I talk to a lot of them on the internet.

(And a lot of cops.)