Ontopic Facebook Parenting

Actually.. HN was the one who would have the meltdowns in public and humiliate me to no ends.. Thanks for picking the scab.

Anyhoo.. Let's agree to disagree..
Maybe for THAT hillybilly father its ok to pull that shit.. Its not something I would personally do.
Meh

And that's the problem with people. Why would you ever expect a country dude to parent his daughter the way you would parent yours? He's from the country. It's a different lifestyle. He has a different personality and a different peer group. He was raised by different people than you, according to a different set of morals and customs.

I'm disturbed by how many retards in society and the media have expressed fear and outrage because he displayed behavior that is different than what they would have displayed, as if that mere fact automatically makes him wrong or bizarre in some way. Or a threat. People have actually said that this guy is abusive based on this video. I'm amazed we are all still here, frankly. I'm amazed our species hasn't suffocated on the fumes of our stupidity by now.

Last edited:
And that's the problem with people. Why would you ever expect a country dude to parent his daughter the way you would parent yours? He's from the country. It's a different lifestyle. He has a different personality and a different peer group. He was raised by different people than you, according to a different set of morals and customs.

I'm disturbed by how many retards in society and the media have expressed fear and outrage because he displayed behavior that is different than what they would have displayed, as if that mere fact automatically makes him wrong or bizarre in some way. Or a threat. People have actually said that this guy is abusive based on this video. I'm amazed we are all still here, frankly. I'm amazed our species hasn't suffocated on the fumes of our stupidity by now.

I really want to know what Oprah or L!AM think about this.

the most underrated post of 2012:

Real country folk don't post on on youtube bragging about shooting up their daughters laptop.

I'm calling shens on this whole thing.

Wow, actually very well put. Weird.

I like Jane Austen and I don't believe she is overrated. She wrote romance and was very descriptive about the people and how they lived in that era. I think it's interesting and fun. Maybe it's not good for a guy, but her writing makes me happy.

I was pulling the chain

I don't remember anyone in here objecting to the guy's use of a gun, just the waste of a laptop. Nobody mentioned the fact that he's smoking a cigarette either, which I think is a horrible thing to do around kids, but I also didn't mention it because it wasn't really useful. Parents who smoke have kids who smoke. Since we're going with the "this is how I was raised so it must be the best and right way" stand point, I can say I know about kids and parents who smoke because I was the child of a parent who smoked and I grew up and started smoking. I've finally quit but not before it killed both of my parents. If that dad really cares about his kids and wants to teach them right from wrong and show them how much he cares, he'll put down the cigarettes and the gun and start spending time with them. And I was raised by a bunch of blue collar, red-neck, country folk.

My mom's parents smoked two packs a day for something like 65 years. My mom never smoked. Take from that what you will.

Also, my grandparents are proof that smoking doesn't always kill you.

My mom's parents smoked two packs a day for something like 65 years. My mom never smoked. Take from that what you will.

Also, my grandparents are proof that smoking doesn't always kill you.

Driving drunk doesn't mean you'll crash either.

both my grandparents that smoked the vast majority of their lives are still alive as well (with no smoking related long term affects either) and the non-smokers are dead. go figure.

my parents didn't smoke for the 18 years i was around. outside of that, chain smokers.

people know smoking is dumb, they have no one to blame but themselves for starting it up.

I don't remember anyone in here objecting to the guy's use of a gun, just the waste of a laptop. Nobody mentioned the fact that he's smoking a cigarette either, which I think is a horrible thing to do around kids, but I also didn't mention it because it wasn't really useful. Parents who smoke have kids who smoke. Since we're going with the "this is how I was raised so it must be the best and right way" stand point, I can say I know about kids and parents who smoke because I was the child of a parent who smoked and I grew up and started smoking. I've finally quit but not before it killed both of my parents. If that dad really cares about his kids and wants to teach them right from wrong and show them how much he cares, he'll put down the cigarettes and the gun and start spending time with them. And I was raised by a bunch of blue collar, red-neck, country folk.
Kiki is freaking out about guns.

my dad chewed on cigars, and my mom smoked, but quit in the early 80s. My great grandmother smoked a pipe till she was 97 or something.

Last edited:
STANLY CO., N.C. —
A local father who captured worldwide attention after posting a YouTube rant about his daughter is now responding to all the attention.

Tommy Jordan, from Stanly County, got mad after his daughter complained about doing chores on her Facebook page.

In the video, titled "Facebook Parenting for the troubled teen" shows Jordan pull out a gun and shoots his daughter’s laptop.
RAW: Dad responds to daughter, shoots laptop (WARNING: explicit language)
The video received more than 21 million views in five days.

“Pay you for chores?” Jordan said in the video. “Are you out of your mind?”
The former Marine wrote on his Facebook page that Child Protective Services officials came to his home in Stanly Co. on Saturday and interviewed him and his daughter — separately — after viewers of the video called with concerns about his actions.
He said the police also stopped by.
“The police by the way said ‘Kudos, sir,’ ” Jordan wrote. "I actually had a "thank you" from an entire detectives squad. And another police officer is using it in a positive manner in his presentation for the school system. How’s about those apples? Didn’t expect THAT when you called the cops did you?”
Police officials in Albemarle told Channel 9 they have received dozens of calls and emails asking why they haven't done anything about the video. Officials said Jordan lives outside of city limits, so his actions are outside of their jurisdiction.
Officials at the Stanly County Sheriff's Office said there are no laws against what Jordan did, so they will not be investigating the matter.
In the Saturday Facebook post, Jordan said he does not regret making the video and stands by his decision to post it.
Jordan's post also said if he had to do it again he would, "Not be smoking a cigarette ... not have used the word "ass" in my comment directed at my daughter ... would have worn my Silverbelly Stetson, not my Tilley hat if I'd known that image was going to follow me the rest of my life and I'd probably have cleaned my boots."

If there is a bright spot for Jordan's daughter, it appears she has at least one job offer from an ice cream shop in the town of Stanley. The offer was posted on YouTube Friday after Jordan's video went viral.

I'll bet this guy gets to drive the Firetruck in the 4th of July Parade for the rest of his life.