Everyone keeps saying my son is sooo small...

*Fuxx Burger* said:
It was a family member who picked it up for us. I would never expect a guest to spend that kind of money on a gift for us.

I dont expect anyone to spend anything on us really. They can spend $5 or $500... dosent bother me any
Traditionally the guests are supposed to spend whatever the dinner costs, it's supposed to be a kind of trade.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
No kidding :lol:
If I let those crazies in my house, I am putting all the breakable stuff away.
We had to move the coffee table out of the living room the last time :lol:

zengirl said:
That's what chinette is for. Whenever I have meets at my house, we always use paper plates and plastic utensils and cups... no way am I doing all those dishes.

Ditto. That's my favorite kind of dishes.

zengirl said:
Traditionally the guests are supposed to spend whatever the dinner costs, it's supposed to be a kind of trade.
Humm interresting...Maybe its an American thing? Ive never heard of that

I was watching a show this morning that broke it down like so:

Friends/co workers/ distant family members
$50-75

Close friends and relatives
$75-$100

Immidiate family members
$100-$125+

Now I dont know if anyone follows that.
Usually whenever I go to a wedding, it depends on how well I know the person. For my friend Shannon I spent about $100. As for my friend Sophie who is getting married in a few weeks, I will spend about $50.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I wonder how that works at a Jewish wedding, is the trade on the wholesale value, or the retail value?
Whatever makes the best tax sense. :lol:

kiwi said:
The one's I had when we got married were what was on sale at Kmart, but we got a bunch of nice ones for our wedding, so they have been put away and get used for cleaning up, or going to the pool or what not.

ah yeah, my wife bought a set for when guests are over that she hangs in our bathroom. I am not to use them for anything.

zengirl said:
I bought bright white fluffy 100% cotton towels for $20 apiece, I have 4 of them... they're white so they can be bleached (all of my towels get bleached) and the whitest ones are for company. :eek: I like white towels, bed linens... all that...

I bought brown so I only have to wash them every quarter

I wouldn't expect anyone coming to my wedding to spend more then $30 or $40 unless they are family or close, close friends. Even then I wouldn't want them spending too much.

smileynev said:
I bought brown so I only have to wash them every quarter
I'm strange, but I can't use a towel or washcloth that hasn't been bleached. All of the colored towels in my house are strictly for decoration.

zengirl said:
I'm strange, but I can't use a towel or washcloth that hasn't been bleached. All of the colored towels in my house are strictly for decoration.

It's those :mad: bleach commercials that's done it to you, you know the "body soil" ones.

smileynev said:
I wouldn't expect anyone coming to my wedding to spend more then $30 or $40 unless they are family or close, close friends. Even then I wouldn't want them spending too much.
$30-$50 a head unless they're more well- to - do guests. I'm going to have to invite all of my bosses to my wedding, theres gonna be some good presents.

kiwi said:
It's those :mad: bleach commercials that's done it to you, you know the "body soil" ones.
Naw, it's the hotel towels, they're all bleached, cotton, and kinda thin but dry really well... those are the best kind.

zengirl said:
$30-$50 a head unless they're more well- to - do guests. I'm going to have to invite all of my bosses to my wedding, theres gonna be some good presents.

with the way you talk about them and how cheap they are I wouldn't expect more then a buy one get one free entree coupon from IHOP.

smileynev said:
with the way you talk about them and how cheap they are I wouldn't expect more then a buy one get one free entree coupon from IHOP.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not inviting them for the money, it's kind of manditory, I've worked here almost 6 years already, and I do work with the partners directly, so it would be a professional as well as a social faux pas to overlook them when the invites go out.

zengirl said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not inviting them for the money, it's kind of manditory, I've worked here almost 6 years already, and I do work with the partners directly, so it would be a professional as well as a social faux pas to overlook them when the invites go out.

Do they know you're marrying a man?