Erin Ho Bag

Galen said:
haha. Never. I understand IBWIP like no other. He's like the long-winded brother I never had.

:heart:

Galen said:
That doesn't stop people here, but then again, St Patrick's day is just another excuse to get wrote off. Go on, get up and get out. You'll be so pissed after 19 Guinness it won't matter. :D

I went out for a meal with my girlfriend, and now we're just having a bottle of wine and some beer. We also bought Advocaat, but I have no intention of drinking it... for a while anyway.

Sadly, eileenbunny is crumpled up in a little, unconscious ball on the sofa right now. I don't imagine there will be any going out tonight.

I had to look up what advocaat is. Sounds like egg nog with the liquor already mixed in. I certainly hope you got the fluid version... the description I read says the Dutch eat the shit with a spoon like some sort of alcoholic custard.

Pandora said:
Jesus, and I thought the carbombs sounded disgusting. I guess I won't be trying either tonight. :barf:

Irish carbombs are a perfectly good beginning to a bad end. You take a half a pint of guiness and a shotglass containing half a shot of jamesons and half a shot of bailies. You then drop the shotglass into the beer and swill it with as much vigor as you can muster. It tastes like chocolate milk... no kidding.

itburnswhenipee said:
Sadly, eileenbunny is crumpled up in a little, unconscious ball on the sofa right now. I don't imagine there will be any going out tonight.

Seems like a pattern in my life. Sad too, cause I love St. Patty's Day. My Irish relatives love to celebrate it. Well, honestly, they don't need a holiday to celebrate. Any excuse they can come up with is a good one though.

Well, that sucks. Everyone here except myself seems to be nursing a hangover, so I doubt there'll be alot of activity today. All the better, Ireland are playing England in the Rugby at 5.30pm. :D

And I might have to agree IBWIP, that does sound gross. This type appears to be really liquidy (Warninks Advocaat), so I'll probably give it a try later.

Mmm, egg drink which was probably made last year :barf:

No hangover for me. I didn't feel like putting up with all the drunken idiots and I have to be functional this morning in case I get called into work.

I did see V for Vendetta. Kickass movie.

Uvula is the skin thingy hanging in back of mouth.

b_sinning said:
No hangover for me. I didn't feel like putting up with all the drunken idiots and I have to be functional this morning in case I get called into work.

I did see V for Vendetta. Kickass movie.

Uvula is the skin thingy hanging in back of mouth.

oooo. i really want to see v for vendetta.

and i was completely sober last night. imagine that.

We had a great time:

I took off friday for the first time in 3 years. Thrusday night we went down to Riverstreet and saw Modern Vintage Music Co. (Who was really good by the way, they are from ATL) and Liquid Ginger. IKt was a lot of fun. We got home about Midnight. Then we got up early on Friday and went down to the parade. We were at the end of the route so we were there longer than I cared to be. But it was still cool and there was a lady with a Malamute Puppy. We sat and drank and waited, then watched the parade. Then we went and caught Liquid Ginger again. Then a few friends of ours from the band were like some back to this house with us and eat. So we walk a whole 5 mins and go to this flat right on River Street. They were making corned beef and we had real home made Reubens. They also had a balcony on On River Street so we proceeded to get girls to flash for beads. We had to stop every time the cops came by. Those Bastards were arresting girls for flashing. Not just kicking them of River Street or writing a ticket, but actually arresting. We saw them leading some poor girl away in handcuffs. We booed loudingly. But all in all it was a good time.

We will be going down there again tonight.

I forced Drool to stay out longer than he wanted to. If I just kept the beer flowing, he didn't care too much. I made friends with the Budweiser man and got some free beer and booty!

The triple crown is ours! If any of you get a chance to see the Ireland - England match, watch for the try in the 76th minute. Fucking amazing stuff.

Galen said:
The triple crown is ours! If any of you get a chance to see the Ireland - England match, watch for the try in the 76th minute. Fucking amazing stuff.
You've been watching rugby all day? 0_o

FlamingGlory said:
You've been watching rugby all day? 0_o
Of course, today was the final day of the 6 Nations until Autumn.

1.30pm Scotland vs. Italy - Scotland Won
3.30pm Wales vs. France - Wales Won
5.30pm Ireland vs. England - Ireland Won

Great days viewing. Ireland came second in the 6 Nations (France & Ireland had same points, but were seperated on the amount of points scored in the championship) but won the Triple Crown. Both teams played well, but continued to make stupid mistakes. The try in the 76th minute was golden and will no doubt be on the front of every newspaper tomorrow.

Galen said:
Of course, today was the final day of the 6 Nations until Autumn.

1.30pm Scotland vs. Italy - Scotland Won
3.30pm Wales vs. France - Wales Won
5.30pm Ireland vs. England - Ireland Won

Great days viewing. Ireland came second in the 6 Nations (France & Ireland had same points, but were seperated on the amount of points scored in the championship) but won the Triple Crown. Both teams played well, but continued to make stupid mistakes. The try in the 76th minute was golden and will no doubt be on the front of every newspaper tomorrow.
Ah, They stopped carrying it on the CBC here. Last time I watched it was '03 when England won.

I haven't had a hangover in a long time becuase I've come to realize they hurt a hell of lot more than they use to hurt. So I've been lucky enough to remember I need to stop and not try to get a better buzz.

It's sad. I use to be able to party until 4 and would get back up at 7 and be able to function at work.