Embarrassing moments

Years ago I had some friends over for a lan party. I was checking out my friend's shuttle pc he had at the time. He took the case cover off to show me the guts of the Shuttle. Pretty amazing how they fit all that into a small toaster sized box. Anyway, he had a nice ATI card in it. For some stupid reason I decided it would be a good idea to touch the heatsink of the video card, and *zap*. Poof no more video card. Static electricity discharged on his card and kill it. Yeah I felt like an ass. I offered to pay for the shipping costs to RMA it back, but my friend wouldn't accept. That's a debt I have yet to repay. :(

Years ago I had some friends over for a lan party. I was checking out my friend's shuttle pc he had at the time. He took the case cover off to show me the guts of the Shuttle. Pretty amazing how they fit all that into a small toaster sized box. Anyway, he had a nice ATI card in it. For some stupid reason I decided it would be a good idea to touch the heatsink of the video card, and *zap*. Poof no more video card. Static electricity discharged on his card and kill it. Yeah I felt like an ass. I offered to pay for the shipping costs to RMA it back, but my friend wouldn't accept. That's a debt I have yet to repay. :(

bad form sir. bad form.

I need to get a humidifier. Winter time, got the heat on, dries this place out so crazy. Since then, I always touch something metal to discharge static electricity prior to doing any work.

I fried my buddies whole system by screwing the mobo directly into the case itself because I thought it already had standoffs on it. They looked like they were there and he said "none came with it" so I went right on working. After everything fried he pulls out this little bag and goes, oh wait, is this what you were looking for? Still completely my fault :(

So when I was installing my new mobo I was going insane looking for standoffs and of course they were fixed ones already on the case. :fly:

once when i was 16 I jumped down 9 stairs at once. landed and blew out my right cartligle and ligaments in my knee and crushed my nerves. didn't feel a thing due to the crushed nerves till 2 days later. 4 orthoscopic surguries later the second one(knee) went out while dancing at a goth club 4 years later.

that one fucking jump cost me a promising carreer as a naval officer...

Fuck!
woah! that sucks. i don't know if i've ever done 9 at once, but if i did it was while holding both handrails. makes for an easier landing.

woah! that sucks. i don't know if i've ever done 9 at once, but if i did it was while holding both handrails. makes for an easier landing.

I have a picture of me skating "Deadly Doc Drop" as we coined it. It was a 22 stair that was about 4 feet wide with huge squared off hand rails behind a doctors office. In the picture it looks like I made the entire gap... I didnt :fly:. The tail of my board hit the second to last stair, broke in half and went straight into my nuts :eek: My ankle was so badly sprained that the doctor said it would have been better if I just broke it.

I was out in my backyard one time with sweat pants on. I picked a watermelon and as I was walking back to the house the sweat pants fell down to my feet. I wasn't wearing any panties so any one who happened to look in my yard saw me in all my unshaven glory.