Download away, bitches!

Just one thing Scott, it is not stealing. The legal definition of theft is:

Theft Act 1978
(1) A person is guilty of theft if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it; and 'thief' and 'steal' shall be construed accordingly.

There is no intent to permanently deprive and in fact you are not depriving anybody of anything, if you borrow a CD and copy it the CD is still there, the person you borrowed from still gets it back. Hence why they make copyright laws, because it is not stealing.

Very basic law.

:lol:

No, wrong. That argument has been used in court and failed many a time. Nice try though.

LOL - Quote from Slashdot
The author criticizes the "culture of piracy" that has developed, saying. "Fast forward to the 21st century, and piracy has apparently somehow become a political struggle, a fight against greedy corporations and evil copy protection, and in some cases, I've even seen some people refer to the rise of piracy as a 'revolution.' What an absolute farce. ... Piracy is the result of human nature: when faced with the option of getting something for free or paying for it, and in the absence of any significant risks, you don't need complex economic studies to show you that most people will opt for the free route."

http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

The music industry pushing shit music instead of looking for newer and better artist has hurt it.

Well, on the other side of the coin, they have been so hit by piracy (as theac pointed out to me once) that they have to look for the lowest common denominator in order to make money. Safety over taking chances and losing their shirts.

The real problem was that there was a huge paradigm shift brought about by broadband connections. Instead of embracing the obvious, they ignored it and hoped it would go away. When that didn't work, they tried to sue it away. When that didn't work, they finally embraced it.

If Amazon MP3 would have been around 8-10 years ago, they wouldn't have half the problems with piracy that occur now...

Too bad it wasn't your wife.

I agree on that if the music industry had embraced the emerging technologies years earlier that the industry and piracy would be totally different. I'll ponder that as I'm downloading songs for free.