Does the carpet match the drapes??

theacoustician said:
Um, no. Last two places I rented at were deposits of $400 and $300+$150 for pet, respectively. Rent between $1200-$1500.

If people could afford 3 months rent for a deposit (in this case approximately $4500), they could afford the closing costs on a house.

My deposit was 1350, My rent was 675. And I know tons of people who even though they can't afford a house aren't willing to buy one yet.

theacoustician said:
That's robbery.
That's what it costs to get out of the ghetto.

We live in a very expensive area. Can't find a house with 2 bathrooms and a 2 car garage for under $300k.

zengirl said:
Our rent is $1265 a month, we also had to put down additional depostis for the garages and for the pets. In total we put down $1900, and $1500 is refundable if all goes well.
1265 :egads:

Pics of place and sq ft???

fly said:
1265 :egads:

Pics of place and sq ft???
1040 sq ft. 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 car garage attached to unit, 2 additional garages with outside access. Washer/dryer in unit. we have 10' ceilings, so everything looks really open. It's a nice place, the management company just sucks ass.

My living room:
fromdrafter.jpg

fromhallafter.jpg

The model kitchen...

Kitchen11.jpg

The floorplan.

edit: thats not the right floorplan... hold on

It's actually the least expensive 2 bedroom 2 bathroom with a washer/dryer in the unit... it also has the separate bedrooms, everything else shares a wall.. and we didn't want that. For up here, it's a great deal.

We paid a $99 deposit and $650 a month at the last place we rented, it was a 2 bed 1 bath about 850 square feet, for $1000 you can practically rent a house right now, but we are in Utah and the housing market hasn't caught up with the rest of the country yet, it's apparently supposed to over the next couple of years.

e-dubb said:
And I thought paying 700 a month was highway robbery. Jeeze, we really do have a low cost of living in the Bay Area.
We don't all have it like you! :p

Shit is pretty cheap around here compared to zengirl's place...

I have a 1200 sq ft 1 bedroom apartment with wash/dry in unit for $765.

fly said:
We don't all have it like you! :p

Shit is pretty cheap around here compared to zengirl's place...

I have a 1200 sq ft 1 bedroom apartment with wash/dry in unit for $765.

For us, rent is cheap but houses are expensive.

My last apartment by myself was in the ghetto, across the street from the municipal airport and the runway was in direct line with my balcony. The planes would fly over my apartment to land and takeoff and would be no more than 15 feet above my roof (I was on the 3rd floor). The private jets would rattle the cabinets and set off car alarms.

750 sq ft, 1b/1ba no w/d no garage for $850.

The only thing louder than the planes was the heat/ac unit, which you couldn't hear the tv over. Additionally, I was the only person in my building who didn't speak Spanish.

zengirl said:
My last apartment by myself was in the ghetto, across the street from the municipal airport and the runway was in direct line with my balcony. The planes would fly over my apartment to land and takeoff and would be no more than 15 feet above my roof (I was on the 3rd floor). The private jets would rattle the cabinets and set off car alarms.

750 sq ft, 1b/1ba no w/d no garage for $850.

The only thing louder than the planes was the heat/ac unit, which you couldn't hear the tv over. Additionally, I was the only person in my building who didn't speak Spanish.
oh wow. nice save on the new apt then.

I love your place Zen.... Wanna come help decorate ours when we move in :p
Seriously... come visit for a week, after we get married and we can go shopping and decorate. You can sleep on our cool Ikea couch :p

Housing in the north suburbs is insane. I'm already 50 miles from the city (Ryan works downtown) the further north east you go, the less expensive, but you're also in run down, just plain bad neighborhoods. Resale there is horrible, crime is high, and the property taxes are still 6k a year.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I love your place Zen.... Wanna come help decorate ours when we move in :p
Seriously... come visit for a week, after we get married and we can go shopping and decorate. You can sleep on our cool Ikea couch :p
;) I like to decorate!

You need to move to Portland!
At least we are not getting (edit/ will not be) robbed blined with the prices of apts around the city (unless you go right downtown, but I dont want that anyways)