Does Inauguration Day mean anything to you?

I hope after he is sworn in he immediately starts talking all thug and tells everyone he was just faking before.

Sorry man, they already revoked it...

obama_ghetto_pass.jpg

This makes me angry. Not because she feels strongly, but because let's face it: her life isn't going to change. Someone has sold her a bridge knowing full well how budgets and politics work in this country. She and the rest of her ilk have been victimized by a campagin slogan.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that. The older black ladies at the bus stop was the same way this morning. I figure they are seeing something that they were told as kids was impossible so it's not my place to bust any bubbles.

I have nothing against Obama it's just that any president is so hampered by the system.

They were just saying that the Mall is shut down and they are turning everyone else away. There are a bunch of people with the Silver Tickets (guaranteed seat) that were bitching on TV because they got the tickets and traveled all this way and now they are getting turned away.

They don't close offices in the area today? I feel sorry for all of the people that actually have to work :(

It's not so bad for Dan. At least he works outside the beltway. I feel bad for all the restaurant workers and whatnot that obviously have to work today, but have absolutely no way of getting there. They are saying that average commute time to DC right now is about 6 hours.

Pittsburgh

I didn't have the heart to tell her that. The older black ladies at the bus stop was the same way this morning. I figure they are seeing something that they were told as kids was impossible so it's not my place to bust any bubbles.

I have nothing against Obama it's just that any president is so hampered by the system.

I can understand people seeing the historic impact of having a black president, especially the generations who lived through civil unrest and the struggle for equality. That is an emotional, hard won victory. It's the "change" part that bugs me.

My fingers are crossed. Part of me wants to believe that Obama has some magical heretofore unknown solution for whatever ails us. Heck, we all WANT to believe that. But the bigger, more realistic parts of us know that he doesn't. And I grieve for the ignorant masses with tears in their eyes waiting for him to hit the 'Fix' button.

Damn... someone got hit by the train at the Gallery Place metro and they're turning red line trains around there. Metro's going to be even more fucked. I wonder how many more people will die due to accidents today.

I can understand people seeing the historic impact of having a black president, especially the generations who lived through civil unrest and the struggle for equality. That is an emotional, hard won victory. It's the "change" part that bugs me.

My fingers are crossed. Part of me wants to believe that Obama has some magical heretofore unknown solution for whatever ails us. Heck, we all WANT to believe that. But the bigger, more realistic parts of us know that he doesn't. And I grieve for the ignorant masses with tears in their eyes waiting for him to hit the 'Fix' button.

My biggest hope for Obama is that he has what it takes to motivate us as Americans. If we are gonna "fix" things, it really has to come from us, not politics. We are the ones who need to be innovative and competitive. We are the ones who need to get involved. If Obama can do that for us, then I think he will have done a good job.

Pittsburgh