Disappointment With Movies

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,710
So after forcing myself through a trailer of another poor excuse for a comedy spoof (Super Hero Movie) I can't understand why Hollywood intends on making these terrible spoof movies (Scary Movie 3 thru 77, Not Another Teen Movie, The Comebacks, Meet the Spartans, Date Movie, Epic Movie, etc, etc,). What is even more disgusting to me is alot of the people who make these movies (Zucker, Abrahams) made such great classics as Airplane, Top Secret, and all the Naked Gun/Police Squad. Does anyone else share my disappointment with these movies?

It seems like the spoof movies today take a majority of their jokes from direct from the media which makes the jokes only relevant for about a month.

It seems like the spoof movies today take a majority of their jokes from direct from the media which makes the jokes only relevant for about a month.

An observation I hadn't put together, now it makes sense :lol:

Particularly those straight to DVD spoof movies with Tom Arnold :fly:

Although, some would say that was largely true about the Beatles' movies and Monty Python to boot.

there's a desire for brainless humour.

i give anything with will ferrell a miss because he plays exactly the same annoying, shouty and unfunny role in every movie he's ever in.

the last good movie i saw was zulu, and before that patton. i haven't saw a recently made, decent movie in years.

An observation I hadn't put together, now it makes sense :lol:

Particularly those straight to DVD spoof movies with Tom Arnold :fly:

Although, some would say that was largely true about the Beatles' movies and Monty Python to boot.

Yes but the Beatles' movies and Monty Python were driven by subtle political satire not pop culture.

there's a desire for brainless humour.

i give anything with will ferrell a miss because he plays exactly the same annoying, shouty and unfunny role in every movie he's ever in.

the last good movie i saw was zulu, and before that patton. i haven't saw a recently made, decent movie in years.

True but for some reason people like that if the movie takes place in the 70's then it automatically makes it funny. They think they can hide the poor writing behind extreme over the top costumes.

True but for some reason people like that if the movie takes place in the 70's then it automatically makes it funny. They think they can hide the poor writing behind extreme over the top costumes.

From the amount of fans that Anchorman and other cack has, I'd say they're doing a pretty good job churning out poor, unfunny writing and making money out of it.

From the amount of fans that Anchorman and other cack has, I'd say they're doing a pretty good job churning out poor, unfunny writing and making money out of it.

That's the problem. Anchorman did the 70's thing perfect and they continue to use to concept over and over and over. Like after The Wedding Singer everone was doing 80's themed movies.

The spoof movies writing is getting worse and worse but idiots still go see them in theaters rather than send the message that "we aren't going to pay for this shit" and just downloading them illegally.

The spoof movies writing is getting worse and worse but idiots still go see them in theaters rather than send the message that "we aren't going to pay for this shit" and just downloading them illegally.

You would have thought that the industry would have got a small message after the writers strike when the general mass didn't really care they were on strike at all.