Did we have a Christmas list thread yet?

theacoustician said:
Theory is that its going to come in at $1500 to blow the Apple Cinema Display clear out of the water.
If that's the case I may die of shock and excitement before I'm actually able to buy the monitor

Coqui said:
2005FPW

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=20053YR&category_id=4009

Currently going for 463, but recently ...
Dell 20in 2005FPW LCD $334 shipped free - November 28, 2005
Super cheap. Dell Small Biz Software & Peripherals has their Dell 2005FPW 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor 1600x1200 for $579 - auto 25% off - $100 off $500 Code: 63C1JBV4XV1VMD (Exp 12/15 5:59am CT) = $334 shipped free. Tax is charged. Item 20053YR
Update: Expired! Auto 25% off stil works though

I've actually heard of people buying two and running dual monitors. I can't even imagine that.

I asked my gf for the Team American DVD and a new nightwatch cap

I think my parents bought me a new Cross pen

that's it

Also this tractor gives me an insta-woody :drool:

I'm not affording that unless I win the lottery

MT800Full2.jpg

If I could afford to finish fixing up the house so I can sit on my ass and play more video games, that would be the bestest present evar.

theacoustician said:
If I could afford to finish fixing up the house so I can sit on my ass and play more video games, that would be the bestest present evar.
"Having your house the way you want it? That's no fun. The day your house is the way you want is the day you get bored with it and decide to sell." - My grandfather

Coqui said:
I'll keep it in mind. (since I doubt I'll be getting a monitor for Christmas)
And you might be an exception, but every person that I've done demos for on a decent LCD driven at its native via DVI has completely forgotten CRT exists.

elpmis said:
"Having your house the way you want it? That's no fun. The day your house is the way you want is the day you get bored with it and decide to sell." - My grandfather
Possibly, but once the carpet is finally gone and the kitchen and bathrooms are done, I'm sitting on my ass and playing video games for a few months till we sell. Hell, with the housing market the way it is, it would take that long to sell anyway. We would also probably have to build our next house, so there's some more time for being lazy right there.

And the day you let me play Naked Nintendo with you is the day forgot normal game playing ever existed

theacoustician said:
And you might be an exception, but every person that I've done demos for on a decent LCD driven at its native via DVI has completely forgotten CRT exists.

Right now, anything is better than what I currently have. This monitor is 12 years old and I bought it refurbished to begin with. It's now starting to get fuzzy and lose it's image quality

theacoustician said:

By that same logic, most people that hear a demo of a Bose system in a decent room will find it quite acceptable. :) CRTs still look better, but they are far too inconvenient for the sizes being pushed nowdays.

theacoustician said:
Possibly, but once the carpet is finally gone and the kitchen and bathrooms are done, I'm sitting on my ass and playing video games for a few months till we sell. Hell, with the housing market the way it is, it would take that long to sell anyway. We would also probably have to build our next house, so there's some more time for being lazy right there.
yeah wtf, aren't mortgage rates around 7.5 now :wtf:

I managed to lock in at 6 on mine, but it did jump from 5.75 to 6 like two days before the contract was signed

elpmis said:
yeah wtf, aren't mortgage rates around 7.5 now :wtf:

I managed to lock in at 6 on mine, but it did jump from 5.75 to 6 like two days before the contract was signed

Mines locked at 6.625 , I think.
About a month after we signed, they started to creep up again.
Not sure what theyre at now.