Food Community Supported Agriculture

Most genetically modified crops are produced for specific purposes. Soybeans you get lysine, corn you get fructose, lot of that stuff goes into soft drinks. So there are your evil corporations...

Farmer's markets dont usually move enough produce to offset the price of gas for mid sized producers. You'd have to buy literally tons of vegetables... I assume that's sorta what this is, since I literally live next door to a produce farm and have never heard of "CSA"

Wow, this is a momentous occasion. Mark the date! We've stumbled upon something ZRH doesn't know about!!! I'm stunned. What do we do? Should we throw a party or make it into a forum holiday? I dunno, maybe both.

Sorry, I just had to. Anyway, CSAs aren't that uncommon. Some of them require that you also make a commitment in time to the farming or management of the farm, but it is usually something small like 4 hours over the course of a season. Obviously you can do more if you want. It's a way to get locally grown usually organic produce and support small family owned farms. They've been around for a long time.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
My sister does. She says it makes her feel better to be supporting local growers. It's not organic. Personally, I feel better supporting me so I don't pay double for fruits/veggies to 'feel better.'

She does buy local 'grass fed' no hormone in the food pigs and or cows. (one at a time.) Maybe she only buys a half/year. it's her, her hubby & their young son. Anyway, when it comes down to it, it's about $2/lb in food so they're tickled and get literally a years worth of meat once a year.

When they come over they'll bring sirloin steaks. My dog is in heaven because when you buy meat that way, they leave in the bones. You can't get bone in at most large grocery stores anymore.

Last edited:
Is that scotch strong enough to take care of using the word 'belly' too?

srsly. belly???
happy.png

Built a 8x8ft raised bed out of 2x12s today for planting vegterribles in
Well see how it goes. Loaded it with the compost from my compost pile, with potting soil on top of that, mixed in
Ima let it settle for a week, then next weekend Ill start planting.
Hopefully grow some good stuff :drool:

Well see how it goes. Loaded it with the compost from my compost pile, with potting soil on top of that, mixed in

Doesn't that take up your whole yard? :p

Verrah cool! Good luck... the sun is brutal. :(

You do realize that our planting season was over a month ago, right? I have some friends doing research about gardening and they missed the window and will wait until next year to start.

Who here drinks soda?
I drink soda, usually with a splash of lime juice. Very refreshing and 0 calories.

I don't drink much pop because I am allergic to the caffeine is most of them. And I don't need the extra calories and sugars.