Food Community Supported Agriculture

You do realize that our planting season was over a month ago, right? I have some friends doing research about gardening and they missed the window and will wait until next year to start.

Sounds like they should have just planted and skipped the researching.

You do realize that our planting season was over a month ago, right? I have some friends doing research about gardening and they missed the window and will wait until next year to start.

Yeah, that seriously depends on what you intend to grow, besides, living in a place like Texas there's larger window since you are less likely to get crop destroying frost even late into the year. Your biggest thing to combat is the drying, hot sun in the middle of the summer, but fortunately you guys have running water in most places and can keep things under control.

Yeah, that seriously depends on what you intend to grow, besides, living in a place like Texas there's larger window since you are less likely to get crop destroying frost even late into the year. Your biggest thing to combat is the drying, hot sun in the middle of the summer, but fortunately you guys have running water in most places and can keep things under control.

:lol: It's snowing here...

That's because you live at the North Pole with all the other elves. I've figured it out. You work for Santa. It's why you are so private. Now go make me a rocking horse.
6ft elf who collects guns... I have made a rocking cradle before. What you need is a walker, I had a walker when I was like 1-2. Used to ride it down our stairway.

out of curiosity, if the long term goal is the food, can't they just buy the young plants at the nursery/grocery store/hardware store and still reap the exact same benefits?

I do this almost every year for half my garden.

Last edited:
No. We live in a condo.
Do you have a balcony?

We have a western facing balcony and manage to grow a ridiculous amount of herbs and small potted vegetable plants. Some go in pots and others in baskets that clip onto the rails / support poles. They usually have to get watered twice a day in the hottest months but we manage to get enough herbs to dry and use all winter.

Do you have a balcony?

We have a western facing balcony and manage to grow a ridiculous amount of herbs and small potted vegetable plants. Some go in pots and others in baskets that clip onto the rails / support poles. They usually have to get watered twice a day in the hottest months but we manage to get enough herbs to dry and use all winter.

Our very small and mostly concrete yard space does not get sunlight except for a couple hours a day. We could do a window herb garden in the back of the house but we could not grow all of our vegetables here.

Our very small and mostly concrete yard space does not get sunlight except for a couple hours a day. We could do a window herb garden in the back of the house but we could not grow all of our vegetables here.
Herbs haven't done well indoors for me. They much prefer the outside. Can you learn hydroponics and grow indoors? You could grow some money too, kids get expensive fast.

Herbs haven't done well indoors for me. They much prefer the outside. Can you learn hydroponics and grow indoors? You could grow some money too, kids get expensive fast.

We would hang them outside in window boxes so they would be outdoors. I don't really have the space for hydroponics. I'm waiting for money growing to become legal in Maryland and then I plan to invest in a "coffee shop". We figured we could do a cafe/dispensary since IBWIP makes the awesome baked goods and stuff. I considered applying in DC when they were out for applications, but then discovered how unprofitable it would be since they don't intend to give out purchasing licenses to very many people.

Resist the temptation to water the corn as often as the other stuff. Also, corn loves nitrogen since it''s basically grass, give it lawn fertilizer if you want to.

We just put in a bunch of texas sweet onions, bell peppers, and various lettuces. That goes along with out peas, broccoli, tomatoes, and brussels sprouts.

well for right now Im not adding any fertilizer, since there is a fat layer of compost material in the box
if things dont look like theyre doing as well as I think they should , then Ill add something.