Commies are getting a good press

Galen said:
Then why work to get ahead. Honestly, I know it makes no sense to your either. You're an intellectual gent.

Well, when material gain ceases to be a motivating factor it frees the individual to pursue his own passion.

The problem is when a majority of the population has a passion for watching tv and drinking vodka.

Does a person wearing a shirt with the union jack support imperialism?
Does a person wearing a shirt with the american or australian flag support the systematic eradication of indigenous peoples?

Galen said:
Co-operative society will never work. Man has unlimited wants that will never be satisfied, but the freedom to do things like buy your own house, build a garden shed on your own land to name but a few are things that we take for granted in our own societys, the implementation of communism would never allow this. Communism is backward and should have never have been implemented, ever. Noone took the Realians (sic?) seriously when they claimed to clone a child, why should we ever take the writings of two men who grew up in the industrial age attempting to be social reformers as sense. A good idea to some, but it will never work in society. The supporters of it never lived in it's shadow, and they should thank our "horrid society's" that they didn't.

You are obviously the type of person who could not live in a communist society. You value your materialistic capitalism. Not everyone has the same values as you do. I might choose to give up my shed for a different lifestyle. I think communism could work with willing participants. You can't just take a country full of people and tell them this is how it is going to be. If I had my choice, my great country wouldn't be quite the way it is right now. So, the USSR failed, and some of their leaders did some horrible things. And some great things were accomplished by these people too. It's all a matter of perspective.

itburnswhenipee said:
Does a person wearing a shirt with the union jack support imperialism?
Does a person wearing a shirt with the american or australian flag support the systematic eradication of indigenous peoples?
Here? Yes. If you need proof, take a walk on the Sandy Row or Shankill Road in Belfast.
They can, it's just masked by the post-9/11 bandwagon patriotism.

itburnswhenipee said:
That's okay. They just need to fill out New Hobby Request Form 1138B and allow 6 to 8 months for the government to review the request.
*9 months pass*

*phone call to Hobby Request Bureau Hobbyist Relation Branch*

"Oh, I'm sorry sir - that was LAST years form, you're going to have to fill out form 1138F at the office, our hours are Monday 9 to 11 AM, on the third Monday of every month"

eileenbunny said:
You are obviously the type of person who could not live in a communist society. You value your materialistic capitalism. Not everyone has the same values as you do. I might choose to give up my shed for a different lifestyle. I think communism could work with willing participants. You can't just take a country full of people and tell them this is how it is going to be. If I had my choice, my great country wouldn't be quite the way it is right now. So, the USSR failed, and some of their leaders did some horrible things. And some great things were accomplished by these people too. It's all a matter of perspective.
Great things were accomplished, but at what cost? I can remember in the early 90's the Russians spent billions on a satellite that blew up on take-off. They could barely afford to feed their own people with bread and water yet they can do shit like this? Flash back to a few months ago when Vlad Putin announced that he longs for a return to the Soviet-era, while he lives in pomp and splendor.

I value my materialistic things because I worked for them, I couldn't live in a Labour-driven society because that just doesn't work. Communism was not as harmonious as Celebrity Love Island, they had their faith taken away among other things, left only to praise their "Leaders" as gods. Their leaders unlimited wants were achieved, but again, at what cost. There's a capitalist inside all of us.

eileenbunny said:
What great things? Beside military accomplishments.

Would you give up everything to live to the lowest common good? Doing something that never benefits a person in the end but a group. It has nothing to do with materialism, it has to do with giving up the entire concept of 'self'. We arent insects.

Galen said:
Great things were accomplished, but at what cost? I can remember in the early 90's the Russians spent billions on a satellite that blew up on take-off. They could barely afford to feed their own people with bread and water yet they can do shit like this? Flash back to a few months ago when Vlad Putin announced that he longs for a return to the Soviet-era, while he lives in pomp and splendor.

I value my materialistic things because I worked for them, I couldn't live in a Labour-driven society because that just doesn't work. Communism was not as harmonious as Celebrity Love Island, they had their faith taken away among other things, left only to praise their "Leaders" as gods. Their leaders unlimited wants were achieved, but again, at what cost. There's a capitalist inside all of us.

Well, here's the thing: Soviet russia was not communism. It was just called communism.

FlamingGlory said:
Tell me that anyone isnt an idiot from someones point of veiw.
You're not arguing anything, you're making sweeping statements. Put a bit of thought into your post and then hit reply.

Tell me this, was Communism the point of view of every single Russian?

Galen said:
You're not arguing anything, you're making sweeping statements. Put a bit of thought into your post and then hit reply.

Tell me this, was Communism the point of view of every single Russian?
I didnt put thought into my above post but I did spew a bunch of words that seemed relatively on topic.

itburnswhenipee said:
Well, here's the thing: Soviet russia was not communism. It was just called communism.
I associate Soviet Russia with communism. It has since become Russia, and I associate Russia with drunken and weasel-like Presidents.