Commies are getting a good press

Bubbles said:
Actually we were talking about the same thing. :D I used to date a guy whose grandmother gave us some. It tastes really good, but all the sugar from the fruit gives you a crazy hangover. Vodka is based on starches, not sugars, so if you are drinking responsibly a hangover is rare. Also, because vodka is clear and not loaded with sugar, it is considered the replacement for wine, beer, and amber colored liquers in the diet of a person who gets frequent migraines.........like me.
Typically grain whiskey is worse in that way than pure malt whisky, but a scotch hangover is still nothing pretty.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Thank the maker, yes

I made it 9 days without drinking, and an utterly stunning 3 weeks without beer

Never again *shudder*

Yeah, withdrawl is a bitch.... and you have more time on your hands than you know what to do with.

ChikkenNoodul said:
I think my record before was 6 days, that was a dark, dark time in the land of Chikken though - so it was even worse.

Depressed AND not drinking makes for some serious problems.

Exercise can help a lot. Course, you have to force yourself to start. Not a perfect solution, but one way of coping.

itburnswhenipee said:
Yeah, withdrawl is a bitch.... and you have more time on your hands than you know what to do with.

Truely. I'd decided to quit smoking and I think it's getting harder to quit the older I get. I've quit before and never really had any withdrawal symptoms, but this time... I've been having some very unfun headaches the past couple of days. :(

Pandora said:
Truely. I'd decided to quit smoking and I think it's getting harder to quit the older I get. I've quit before and never really had any withdrawal symptoms, but this time... I've been having some very unfun headaches the past couple of days. :(
You doing the gum or the patch?

I get hangovers when I DON'T drink, it's weird - my head is much clearer in the morning after a few (not a lot) drinks.

ChikkenNoodul said:
You doing the gum or the patch?

I get hangovers when I DON'T drink, it's weird - my head is much clearer in the morning after a few (not a lot) drinks.

I think that's a pretty damn good sign you have a problem. Jesus.

Pandora said:
That makes me happy. :heart: Good for you.

Poor scott tho, I bet you're a bitch with withdrawls. :fly: