GAY Combo Breaker Spam Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@fly afaik Walmart prices things below cost until the competition is pushed out and then raises prices or closes up that store.

It isn't "How do we destroy this town?", it's "How do we maximize profit?".
I'd welcome some real data on that.

As a counterpoint either way, if they leave that opens up an opportunity that another capitalist could surely fill...

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
Forklift didn't cause that shit. Overloaded shelves caused that shit. No way that such a small hit should pull down the entire damn thing.

Exactly. The racking surely wasn’t rated for the weight they had on it. That little bend the forklift caused should not have resulted in that.

Costco building bigass chicken slaughterhouse in Nebraska. Full production be about 2 million birds per week, which is about 40% of their chicken sales. Damn that's a lot of birds.

Chicken industry is down to a few major players. Costco would be entering the market to control the supply for part of their demand.

Their offers to area farmers is a 15-year contract. These aren't existing chicken farms. Farmer would go in debt about $1 million to build 4 barns that could handle 200,000 birds. They'll need at least 100 farms like that.

I don't know enough about modern day corporate contract type farming to know if that's a decent deal or not.
I would worry about what could happen if a few years down the road Costco gets some bad management, or a competitor swipes some of their customers, or for whatever reason people just buy less chickens from them, and I'm left holding a contract with somebody who won't buy enough chickens anymore and my million dollar debt isn't anywhere near paid off.

For some reason that keeps going to an audio link. Click the blue title in it and you can read it instead.

As long as people keep eating chicken at the current rate, and shipping cost is consistent, I don't see how the growers can lose. Tyson had contracted growers coming to me 20 years ago looking for financing for equipment & "rotisserie" cheap for the masses wasn't a thing back then.

To me, it would be nice if they spread the grower contracts around the US more putting the product grown closer to the Costcos. Apparently shipping is still super cheap.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
One of my former neighbors had two of those rotisserie ovens covered with blue tarps near his back yard and on weekends, a bunch of people would come over and they would cook chicken for two days straight, all day and night. By Monday am, the tarps were back.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
As long as people keep eating chicken at the current rate, and shipping cost is consistent, I don't see how the growers can lose. Tyson had contracted growers coming to me 20 years ago looking for financing for equipment & "rotisserie" cheap for the masses wasn't a thing back then.

To me, it would be nice if they spread the grower contracts around the US more putting the product grown closer to the Costcos. Apparently shipping is still super cheap.

Maybe so. This kind of farming wasn't around where we were at, when we were at it. I just don't know how it compares to say a Tyson contract, or other contracts for other livestock or grain.

Being locked in a 15-year contract producing a single product for a single buyer that is also dependent on selling at a single place seems awfully restrictive and risky to me but I guess that's how a lot of them do it now.

Being locked in a 15-year contract producing a single product for a single buyer that is also dependent on selling at a single place seems awfully restrictive and risky to me

I used to deal with a place that converted YUGE rolls of paper product into small rolls of toilet paper. That’s all they did. No risk of going out of business anytime soon.💩💩

Being locked in a 15-year contract producing a single product for a single buyer that is also dependent on selling at a single place seems awfully restrictive and risky to me but I guess that's how a lot of them do it now.
I'd guess that the "15 yrs" is probably a calculated # based on how long the entire financing can be arranged because it's part of the land.

We help new truck drivers (owner operators) get off the ground and all they need to do is show they've got a contract for 1/2 the term of the lease they're looking for. If they want a 5yr truck lease, we can put almost anyone in the truck if they've got the proper license and at least a 2.5yr contract with someone.

I used to deal with a place that converted YUGE rolls of paper product into small rolls of toilet paper. That’s all they did. No risk of going out of business anytime soon.💩💩
This always cracks me up. What do they make, enough for a medium apartment building each day? Check out the man on the bandsaw.:D
1544717218680.png

This always cracks me up. What do they make, enough for a medium apartment building each day? Check out the man on the bandsaw.:D
View attachment 5720

Wow! That’s Stone Age compared to the place I used to frequent. The donor roll was also at least three times that size. Literally at least 18 feet tall when stood on end. It would be cut into dozens of streams that went to other machines that handled the individual roll winding process. It looked like a giant streamer parade.

People would quit and the last thing half of them would do was walk through the streams. It took an hour to re-thread the works.

Wow! That’s Stone Age compared to the place I used to frequent. The donor roll was also at least three times that size. Literally at least 18 feet tall when stood on end. It would be cut into dozens of streams that went to other machines that handled the individual roll winding process. It looked like a giant streamer parade.

People would quit and the last thing half of them would do was walk through the streams. It took an hour to re-thread the works.
Friend sent me that years ago with a caption that said something about "and you wonder why your butt itches".:p

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Status
Not open for further replies.