GAY Combo Breaker Spam Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so. This kind of farming wasn't around where we were at, when we were at it. I just don't know how it compares to say a Tyson contract, or other contracts for other livestock or grain.

Being locked in a 15-year contract producing a single product for a single buyer that is also dependent on selling at a single place seems awfully restrictive and risky to me but I guess that's how a lot of them do it now.
Being 'locked' is also a bit deceptive, unless you're an idiot with a worse lawyer. If Costco can't pay the bills, you pivot or walk away.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Being 'locked' is also a bit deceptive, unless you're an idiot with a worse lawyer. If Costco can't pay the bills, you pivot or walk away.
idk. I finance franchisees of small franchises where they're locked into a situation if they get to 60 days late on anything (electric bill, equip finance pmts, phone, etc) the franchisee loses their store to the corporate franchisor for $1.00.

A franchisee that's got rough credit and/or no $$ is ripe to agree to that. I've only had one of those deals fail.

idk. I finance franchisees of small franchises where they're locked into a situation if they get to 60 days late on anything (electric bill, equip finance pmts, phone, etc) the franchisee loses their store to the corporate franchisor for $1.00.

A franchisee that's got rough credit and/or no $$ is ripe to agree to that. I've only had one of those deals fail.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. You walk away. As long as its someone else's money, well that's business.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
Yes, that's what I'm saying. You walk away. As long as its someone else's money, well that's business.
Sounded to me like Amstel was saying the franchisee works really hard to not fall INTO default. Because of the high penalty - they lose any money they have put in and of course, all that sweat equity. Every business owner's prayer "let me get in the black and stay in the black".
Walking away generally means bankruptcy - you can only do that every 7 years. Albiet, going through bankruptcy makes you a good risk on any future venture where you are putting up substantial capital, since you can't walk away for another almost 7 years.:fly:

Albiet, going through bankruptcy makes you a good risk on any future venture where you are putting up substantial capital, since you can't walk away for another almost 7 years.:fly:
I get customers who to open a gym(etc) say this to me after their BK, and banks that say "So. You still can't get blood from a stone." Your "good risk" scenario usually includes some type of almost zero risk collateral.

Last edited:
Sounded to me like Amstel was saying the franchisee works really hard to not fall INTO default. Because of the high penalty - they lose any money they have put in and of course, all that sweat equity. Every business owner's prayer "let me get in the black and stay in the black".
Walking away generally means bankruptcy - you can only do that every 7 years. Albiet, going through bankruptcy makes you a good risk on any future venture where you are putting up substantial capital, since you can't walk away for another almost 7 years.:fly:
You can walk away from anything. It doesn't require a bankruptcy. In fact, if you're able to do everything correctly, it won't even effect your personal credit. Of course you'd lose any collateral that you put in (but in the case of people with bad credit, I doubt they had much to throw in anyway).

You can walk away from anything. It doesn't require a bankruptcy. In fact, if you're able to do everything correctly, it won't even effect your personal credit. Of course you'd lose any collateral that you put in (but in the case of people with bad credit, I doubt they had much to throw in anyway).
If you're incorporated - maybe. Just because you're incorporated doesn't mean someone can't ask you to take on a loan as an individual, if you want the loan that will hopefully keep you from losing your collateral AND capital.. Collateral and capital are not the same thing. Collateral is something put up to secure a loan. You can't spend the collateral or spend against it - that secures the loan. Capital is assets you have or had, to put into the business. In a default you could lose the agreed upon collateral AND your capital. Loss of collateral doesn't always satisfy the total debt - it just beat a stick in the eye for the lender.

In the chicken contract case the farmers home and his place of business are the same place.

It's not like walking away from a home mortgage but you still have a job and can rent or buy somewhere else to live. Or walking away from a failing business but you still have your house and can find work somewhere else.

You live and work on the same land that is the collateral.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and Amstel
If you're incorporated - maybe. Just because you're incorporated doesn't mean someone can't ask you to take on a loan as an individual,
In my world it's a "commercial transaction" with a "Personal Guaranty" ie: like cosigning for your biz. 99% of what I do is that. It's fun to explain to a customer that says "but what's the purpose of incorporating if I have to PG?" & I get that, so I have to explain that in a new business it makes sense because it limits their liability if a customer comes in, slips and falls and breaks a nail. But, for me, no PG would equate to me giving an 18yr old with no credit(the biz has no credit) this sizable equipment finance opportunity.

As long as people keep eating chicken at the current rate, and shipping cost is consistent, I don't see how the growers can lose. Tyson had contracted growers coming to me 20 years ago looking for financing for equipment & "rotisserie" cheap for the masses wasn't a thing back then.

To me, it would be nice if they spread the grower contracts around the US more putting the product grown closer to the Costcos. Apparently shipping is still super cheap.

This would certainly be a "market interrupter"

https://www.businessinsider.com/ale...b-grown-clean-steak-meat-photos-video-2018-12

@Ledboots

Fun fact

At one time, Israel was the top consumer of turkey (the bird, not MacG’s) in the world.

Now they’re growing meat in a lab. I will never trust that. Them Jews play the long game.

Status
Not open for further replies.