Christmas Cards from April23

Drool-Boy said:
*scratches spange off list*

I don't have your address fucker. Well I do, but I don't wanna have to find it in the card collection I have from last year.

GIMMIE NOW CAWK FROSTING.

Drool-Boy said:
Since you asked so nicely, ygpm biotch

Thank you, my precious.

gollum.gif

FlamingGlory said:
If any of us were black. Well... Yeah, close enough.

Just something different to expand the horizon for the sheltered that only think of the christian holiday :)

gottoys? said:
Just something different to expand the horizon for the sheltered that only think of the christian holiday :)
Well, when the thread says Christmas cards for Christmas I assume they are referring to the Christian holiday. Just because people dont think of other holidays that fall on a date near Christmas, doesnt mean they are sheltered. The thread doesnt say holidays, or December 1-31 cards, it says Christmas.

You see what I mean?

FlamingGlory said:
Well, when the thread says Christmas cards for Christmas I assume they are referring to the Christian holiday. Just because people dont think of other holidays that fall on a date near Christmas, doesnt mean they are sheltered. The thread doesnt say holidays, or December 1-31 cards, it says Christmas.

You see what I mean?
Don't worry, it isn't a Christian holiday anyways because Christ wasn't born on December 25. Its actually the celebration of Saturnalia and the winter solstice. The only person "born" on December 25 is Sol Invictus, so break out those sun god decorations.

theacoustician said:
Don't worry, it isn't a Christian holiday anyways because Christ wasn't born on December 25. Its actually the celebration of Saturnalia and the winter solstice. The only person "born" on December 25 is Sol Invictus, so break out those sun god decorations.
Christians celebrate it, ergo Christian holiday. Origin is less important than tradition.

Also it's Dies Natalis Solis Invicti (birth of the unconquered sun), 25 Dec. Saturnalia is the 1-23 Dec. Sol Invictus is the name of the Sun Cult not the name of the celebration.

The church of Alexandria placed Christ's birth on 20 May.

Any more half baked information you want to vomit?

FlamingGlory said:
Christians celebrate it, ergo Christian holiday. Origin is less important than tradition.

Also it's Dies Natalis Solis Invicti (birth of the unconquered sun), 25 Dec. Saturnalia is the 1-23 Dec. Sol Invictus is the name of the Sun Cult not the name of the celebration.

The church of Alexandria placed Christ's birth on 20 May.

Any more half baked information you want to vomit?
What part of the birth of Sol Invitus did you not understand? Or is Latin too difficult for you? Dies Natalis Solis Invicti literally means the birthday of the invincible sun god. What exactly do you think Sol Invictus means?

Also for the record, Saturnalia started on the 17th and only lasted a week, not three you retard. Winter solstice was on the 25th. The sun worshipers just stretched out the party a bit since Sol Invictus was born on the solstice. Saturnalia was still celebrated at the time, but it had become more of a generic winter harvest festival/prep for Sol Invictus than of a celebration of Saturn at that point.