Halp Catholic beavers, I have a question that needs some clarification

Where does it say excommunication there?

You are right. I thought this would imply that, but I guess not necessarily formally.

...Conley was removed from the parish and transferred to a retreat center for what the archdiocese said were behavioral problems, angry outbursts occasionally directed at parishioners and disparaging remarks about the archbishop.

only in this internet age do people seem to give a FUCK about what other people believe in.

get over yourselves.

only in this internet age do people seem to give a FUCK about what other people believe in.

get over yourselves.

I was merely asking questions because I am not an expert in any sense about Catholicism and some of these news stories are confusing me. I asked those that are Catholic to chime in as I feel those people would be the best source of information about Catholicism.

I am SO not bending over for you tonight.

Another question I had, and nothing to do with the above stories, was how did the concept of a pope or bishop start? They are not in the Bible that I know of. They didn't have popes prior to Jesus' time; Christianity was before Jesus' time, too, btw. So how did that all start? My google searching skills have failed me.

Fuck all that bullshit. The Pope is directly responsible, but they will spin this shit like they do everything else to avoid being accountable..

Another question I had, and nothing to do with the above stories, was how did the concept of a pope or bishop start? They are not in the Bible that I know of. They didn't have popes prior to Jesus' time; Christianity was before Jesus' time, too, btw. So how did that all start? My google searching skills have failed me.

:confused: christianity wasn't before the j-man's time.....he was the christ. it's like saying the order of the sith existed before darth bane. while there was a similar preceding philosophy, his actions and ideals were the founding of a new and distinct group

Also, there's no reason for a pope. Catholic church just made shit up when the edited the bible the same way network executives edit fight club for TNT.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Fuck all that bullshit. The Pope is directly responsible, but they will spin this shit like they do everything else to avoid being accountable..

This. OMG Don't hurt the churches reputation. If they really cared about people like churches should, they would fully investigate this and make things right... not shoving it under the carpet.

This. OMG Don't hurt the churches reputation. If they really cared about people like churches should, they would fully investigate this and make things right... not shoving it under the carpet.

er....I'm not defending the church or anything, but is the pope really "directly responsible" for bishops who live thousands of miles away who can't keep their cocks out of underage boys?

I agree he should condemn it and the church should take action to clean itself up, but to say he's directly responsible is a stretch no?

er....I'm not defending the church or anything, but is the pope really "directly responsible" for bishops who live thousands of miles away who can't keep their cocks out of underage boys?

I agree he should condemn it and the church should take action to clean itself up, but to say he's directly responsible is a stretch no?

SW-Darth-Benedict.jpg

He's directly responsible for not handling this in the appropriate manner.