Car thread

the chassis *might* have shared some items but other than that, zip...maybe transmission too...body, engine, and interior were all chrysler

The Chrysler 300 is based on the rear-wheel drive Chrysler LX platform which features components derived from the discontinued W210 Mercedes-Benz E-Class of 1996 to 2002. Such components include the suspension design, front seat frames, wiring harnesses, steering column, the 5-speed automatic's design, and a derivative of the 4Matic all-wheel drive system.

The Chrysler 300 is based on the rear-wheel drive Chrysler LX platform which features components derived from the discontinued W210 Mercedes-Benz E-Class of 1996 to 2002. Such components include the suspension design, front seat frames, wiring harnesses, steering column, the 5-speed automatic's design, and a derivative of the 4Matic all-wheel drive system.

none of that amounts to much that is tangible in daily use which is why it sucks like I was saying :lol:

hang on, going out to buy an american car

hang on, i haven't had a fucking stroke yet and i'm not fucking retarded

So the Subaru Forester.

All-wheel drive like every other Subaru.

Standard 2.5 liter 4-cylinder. 170hp. Has a turbo option (the Forester XT model) which puts out 224hp, peak horsepower arriving at 5,200 rpm. 4 speed automatic. Many people remark that it could possibly use a 5th gear.

A "tall station wagon" as opposed to an SUV, though apparently they close that gap more and more each year. Current model has perhaps finally crossed that line, albeit only marginally. (Slightly-larger-than-compact SUV?)

Supposedly squishy brakes.

Diesel Forester supposedly arriving next year or shortly thereafter. We'll see.

Starts anywhere from $21k (standard models) to $30k (XT models)

Last edited:
i looked at the Forester. Aside from not being able to reach the pedals, once inside the car I loathed it. it felt like a tank and a cathedral had babies.

Had one for a few days as a loaner, thought it was more comfortable than my Outback :iono:

My friend who's shorter than you drives her parents' Forester often, loves it :fly:

You are a tiny person, aren't you.
it will be comical when our paths cross :fly:
Had one for a few days as a loaner, thought it was more comfortable than my Outback :iono:

My friend who's shorter than you drives her parents' Forester often, loves it :fly:

dude, my nipples were practically touching the steering wheel once i finally hiked the seat up enough to reach the pedals.

So the Subaru Forester.

All-wheel drive like every other Subaru.

Standard 2.5 liter 4-cylinder. 170hp. Has a turbo option (the Forester XT model) which puts out 224hp, peak horsepower arriving at 5,200 rpm. 4 speed automatic. Many people remark that it could possibly use a 5th gear.

A "tall station wagon" as opposed to an SUV, though apparently they close that gap more and more each year. Current model has perhaps finally crossed that line, albeit only marginally. (Slightly-larger-than-compact SUV?)

Supposedly squishy brakes.

Diesel Forester supposedly arriving next year or shortly thereafter. We'll see.

Starts anywhere from $21k (standard models) to $30k (XT models)

2011 Model will have the diesel option, fitted with a 6sp as that is the only tranny they have that can handle the torque :drool:

I will take mine in maroon please.

I don't know where the hell Taivas went, but I'm pretty sure I'm going with either the Outback or the Forester when I'm ready to pull the plug. The turbo 4 kills the Forester's gas mileage, but I'm not completely secure in the thought of a 4-cylinder "pseudo SUV" without that extra top-end kick.

I'd much prefer the 6-cylinder Outback. Oddly I love the redesign but lots of Outback whores think it makes it look too "generically American".

2011 Model will have the diesel option, fitted with a 6sp as that is the only tranny they have that can handle the torque :drool:

I will take mine in maroon please.

That should be pretty interesting. I wonder if the Tribeca will have that option too.

I don't know where the hell Taivas went, but I'm pretty sure I'm going with either the Outback or the Forester when I'm ready to pull the plug. The turbo 4 kills the Forester's gas mileage, but I'm not completely secure in the thought of a 4-cylinder "pseudo SUV" without that extra top-end kick.

I'd much prefer the 6-cylinder Outback. Oddly I love the redesign but lots of Outback whores think it makes it look too "generically American".

I can see the H-6 in the Outback and Tribeca making its way into the Forester actually. As well as the 5sp/6sp newly available.

But if taivas gets that, he will be a lesbian, and I think that's missing the mark a bit.