WTF CAMPING (and outdoors-like stuff)

Yeah, you need a good size tent for cots.
If I'm staying a while I'll go cot. If not a good bag does the job.

Well, I have joint and knee issues. Getting down on the cold ground is easy. Getting back up not so much. Summertime I can go low. It's a cot for the cooler weather.

I don't see why people mess with sleeping on the ground. Hammock all the way.

Large portions of the country don't have trees that are conveniently spaced, or even trees at all. Also not great for people who sleep on their side or stomach.

Where do you hang them inside a tent?

No tent. I have a tarp and a bug net. In Spring and fall, one doesn't usually need either. It all packs down tightly.

Usually, most of my stuff for one to two people packs down to two of these totes. Dry food and cooking related stuff goes in one bin. Hammocks, flashlights, and what-not in the other. I unpack and clean/air-out everything when I get home. Then, I pack it all back in the bin for next time. It makes it pretty easy to get ready for any trip.

Large portions of the country don't have trees that are conveniently spaced, or even trees at all. Also not great for people who sleep on their side or stomach.

Sleeping on your stomach is for monsters. I sleep on my side. You have to learn HOW to sleep in a hammock or get a better hammock.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Sleeping on your stomach is for monsters. I sleep on my side. You have to learn HOW to sleep in a hammock or get a better hammock.
Nothing against them. They can work great in places and times and situations where they work great.

No tent. I have a tarp and a bug net. In Spring and fall, one doesn't usually need either. It all packs down tightly.

Usually, most of my stuff for one to two people packs down to two of these totes. Dry food and cooking related stuff goes in one bin. Hammocks, flashlights, and what-not in the other. I unpack and clean/air-out everything when I get home. Then, I pack it all back in the bin for next time. It makes it pretty easy to get ready for any trip.
We have a 10x20 tent :lol: