WTF CAMPING (and outdoors-like stuff)

They're not for putting in/on/over a campfire like cast iron, though you could set it on a few coals at the edge as long as the handles are clear.

For using with a small personal stove or burner, more like the one in Strings pic, though his is much prettier than mine.

View attachment 13464

:D
It's the prototype for the SoloStove™ 12-oz.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I can't explain how triggered I was when a coworker explained the burn on his leg as from a SoloStove™.

No, no. You burnt your leg on a fire ring, a very nice fire ring, but a fire ring nonetheless.

I will say that a small gasifier for backpacking and such is wonderful. Doesn't look like what @HipHugHer has will actually do it. I'm getting the heebies just looking at all those sharp holes.

Last edited:
Also, I got a YEEEEEEETI tumblr as a tip and have been using it since my contigo (those absolutely deserve respect, I've kicked one off a 30ft high catwalk onto concrete to no ill effect) broke (falling from my pocket and the plastic was degraded enough after years of use) and it sucks at keeping coffee hot?

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I can't explain how triggered I was when a coworker explained the burn on his leg as from a SoloStove™.

No, no. You burnt your leg on a fire ring, a very nice fire ring, but a fire ring nonetheless.

I will say that a small gasifier for backpacking and such is wonderful. Doesn't look like what @HipHugHer has will actually do it. I'm getting the heebies just looking at all those sharp holes.

Haha. That was the first run to check function and burn off the labels, glue, etc. The holes are smooth now.

Oh thank Lob, I was expecting some "real men slice their hands to tatters" bullshit.
That only happens when you make one in the field with your knife like a real man.

Top thing with the holes in it is a separate piece (large tuna can or whatever stacks with the lower can).. Serves as a stand to set the pot on and let the fire breathe under it. Gasifier is the lower thing (smaller can in a bigger can).

That only happens when you make one in the field with your knife like a real man.

Top thing with the holes in it is a separate piece (large tuna can or whatever stacks with the lower can).. Serves as a stand to set the pot on and let the fire breathe under it. Gasifier is the lower thing (smaller can in a bigger can).
There's this really neat Ti gasifier that can pack very compactly with a mug and cookware and all kinds of stuff that I've been eyeing. Not as expensive as it sounds either.

This doesnt show it packed with stuff but that's the stove. Wind screen thingy seems overly tall.

There's this really neat Ti gasifier that can pack very compactly with a mug and cookware and all kinds of stuff that I've been eyeing. Not as expensive as it sounds either.

This doesnt show it packed with stuff but that's the stove. Wind screen thingy seems overly tall.

Maybe?

I ended up using a little taller can for the outer can on the Gasifier for more airflow in the bottom (small coffee can instead of large soup can) as it was right on the edge of, and sometimes losing the gas function with a pot sitting on top and smoking out like a regular fire. It worked.

Looking at that it seems I could've also kept the shorter bottom can and used a taller or more open stand on top to achieve the same thing (more airflow).

Or something in between for the right amount of inflow/outflow with the top covered.

Overall size/height may not end up much different either way.

We're only one step away from automated takeoff and landing. IE, the drone has a launchpad on your backpack and you just press a button or voice trigger it to take off and hoverfollow for a while, then it comes back and latches back onto your backpack on command.

Bonus points if it charges while on your backpack.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
We're only one step away from automated takeoff and landing. IE, the drone has a launchpad on your backpack and you just press a button or voice trigger it to take off and hoverfollow for a while, then it comes back and latches back onto your backpack on command.

Bonus points if it charges while on your backpack.
i think this could be real in just a couple of years, pre set flight patterns etc.

i think this could be real in just a couple of years, pre set flight patterns etc.
I can't remember if it was someone here or @Floptical text it to me, but I saw one where the drone was following (in front, so I guess that's not really following) the dude skiing down the hill in some pretty dense forest. Then he BASE jumped off a cliff and the fucking drone followed him. I can't imagine that landing on some sort of magnetic backpack is far off.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I can't remember if it was someone here or @Floptical text it to me, but I saw one where the drone was following (in front, so I guess that's not really following) the dude skiing down the hill in some pretty dense forest. Then he BASE jumped off a cliff and the fucking drone followed him. I can't imagine that landing on some sort of magnetic backpack is far off.
whoa, way cool! imma see if i can find the video :) i saw this recently