Book Thread: 1984

I just watched the Criterion Edition yesterday. I don't really like the director's cut, though I haven't seen the newest Final Edition yet.

I just finished "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West," I started it a couple years ago then got distracted and forgot about it. It was really good for anyone that likes fantasy.

I just finished "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West," I started it a couple years ago then got distracted and forgot about it. It was really good for anyone that likes fantasy.

I disliked it. It was such a great concept that the book could have written itself but the book bogged down at times and often seem to lose focus.

I saw the play when it premiered in Baahston (It was on Broadway for a while first) :fly:

We saw the author and his family in a private box from our seats.

It was a good show, I was surprised.

this looks like a fun book...think I might have to pick it up
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/My-Tank-Fight-Zack-Parsons/dp/0806527587"]Amazon.com: My Tank Is Fight!: Zack Parsons: Books[/ame]

Now I'm reading Choke, by the guy who did fight club. Its about this recovering sex addict who chokes on food at restaurants so that people will save him. Later he sends them thank you notes and asks for money for various things, which he uses to pay for his mother's nursing home.

Good, but waaaaay fucked up.

btw, I finished that. Fucking weird book. Too much symbolism for me, I like my fiction mindless.