best movie I've seen in a long time

Thorn Bird said:
bubbles, we'll just ahve to talk sometime. i hear all what you're saying and all that theac wants to say. you do have to have a balance, but what I'M worried about the most is that you aren't doing anything to help your situation. i think the number one thing that you could do right now is look for a better job. i think it's just great that you got out on your own. this is the next step. it takes time to build up your life, but it does take some work on your part, too. remember that this should just be temporary, whether it's your apartment, or no cable, or working two jobs...you can take steps that aren't necessarily the most desirable to get where you want to go. and sarcasmo's suggestion is not bad...you can have a great social life while bartending or something..you meet people, you can have a drink, there's tv, and action...that would keep you busy and would take away the need for cable. if you're paying $60 a month for tv, you could cancel that, pay $10 a month for netflix, work a night job where you get out and interact AND make some money...you're cute and would do well at a bartending job, i'm betting.
i wouldn't be without a phone, either, anymore. not being a girl. and no one is oging to change my mind about that. but what you HAVE on your phone can be changed. are you using your phone excessively? do you have loaded features you pay for? are you on the most basic plan you can be on?
and with car insurance -- make sure you have coverage you need and not excess. for instance, i don't cover my car at all if it gets damaged in a wreck. my car's not worth anything, and i'd rather keep the money in my pocket per month than pay for what they might cover one day...by then, i'll have overpaid the value of my car. make sure your coverage isn't too large or too small. i pay $350 every SIX MONTHS for insurance. that's not even minimum.
and do you use coupons? do you shop clearance/sales? i know so many pointers and tips it's not funny. i don't work, but my job is to save every penny of spange's i can...it takes some time and effort, but you wouldn't believe all the money i've saved over time. it's crazy!!
YOU CAN DO THIS-- it takes practice and determination...and one day you'll be laughing (like we all hope to do) about how poor you were way back when.

:heart:

quoted for megagraph

Bubbles said:
4. Walk - save on gas and insurance
5. Turn off cable - reading is fun
6. Turn off cell phone - no one ever calls me anyway

Anyhting I missed?
Those aren't totally terrible ideas, really. Except for the cell phone thing, if thats the only means of getting a hold of you. But maybe bump your package down to the lowest possible. Don't text message, send pictures, surf the web ect. That will cut down on your cell phone bill.

If you actually live within walking distance, I would highly suggest you do that. Or if you live in a city with good public transportation. There is nothing wrong with taking the Max/bus whatever....

TV is overrated, and I went all last year without it when I was in university. It was either that or the internet. And I refused to spend all my hours in the school's computer lab on shitty computers. We had a tv, and DVD player. We made due with the DVD's we owned (borrowed some new ones from friends every once and awhile) and actually spent time reading (and no not just my text books for school.)

I didn't miss it at all.

Just a few suggestions. I really hope thigns look better for you. Have you thought about a carreer change? What about waiting to go back to school once your lease is up, move back in with your parents and continue working. I worked (at least) part time all the way through university. It's not that hard to do both. Unless you are a complete boob and you can;'t manage yoru time well :p

I went without TV period for like two years and then went to OTA (here its TBS, PBS, CBS and TBN) when I realized that I was becoming unaware of popculture and local news. I did have DSL however and I watched tons of films instead. In fact this is basically how I really got into Korean movies as I found an IRC channel that served nothing but them.

Becareful of going without insurance even for a short period of time or you will pay through the nose when you do get it. even if you wasn't driveing. I got screwed by that when I started driveing again. I had a 25 dollar premium on my bill for the first year because of it.

And if you are out of contract move your cellphone to prepaid if you dont use it all that much. I used Virgin Mobile for two years because it only cost me 20 dollars every 3 months I used it so rarely.