Ask A Floridian

Is there a trend still for having areas with a majority of the population being elderly? Is the influx of babyboomers changing things up?

How is the job market for people in medical services in FL? I would think pretty high with everyone breaking hips and such.

Are Cubans and South Americans to Florida like Mexicans are to CA?

Are there any FL-specific food items (kinda like gumbo to New Orleans or pizza to Chicago)?

certain areas i'm sure have lots of elderly. del boca vista to be specific. aren't babyboomers old(er)? so..

not sure about medical services. i have a few friends in that field who are quite successful. so I'm assuming it's okay.

not sure about the mexicans. cubans and other south americans are so prevalent they can be very successful. when I think mexicans in CA I think migrant worker. i could be wrong.

foods? cuban sandwiches maybe? frog legs? gator tail? grouper is a staple.

mullet, catfish.. seafood in general I guess.

certain areas i'm sure have lots of elderly. del boca vista to be specific. aren't babyboomers old(er)? so..

not sure about medical services. i have a few friends in that field who are quite successful. so I'm assuming it's okay.

not sure about the mexicans. cubans and other south americans are so prevalent they can be very successful. when I think mexicans in CA I think migrant worker. i could be wrong.

foods? cuban sandwiches maybe? frog legs? gator tail? grouper is a staple.

mullet, catfish.. seafood in general I guess.

there is an actual del boca vista??? I thought it was fictitious when jerry's parents moved there on seinfeld

The oldest boomers are now 62 years old, so they are just starting to pack their bags for the FL migration ;)

i'm pretty sure. i know there are several at least topless beaches in south florida/south beach area.

and actually, now I think about it, I think there's one down around Sarasota.. i wanna say Lido Beach.

Sweet! I'll book tickets down there this summer..

How's the job market down that way these days?

sux like everywhere else. and though there have been layoffs at several bay area companies, there aren't plans for a lot more from what I just read.. a quick look at the want ads shows only about 6 columns of jobs though. i haven't looked for a job in a long time but I remem it being more than 6 got durn columns. :(

picture.php

wtf's up with lorena robbit there?