Ask A Floridian

i heard florida has pretty liberal gun laws (haha, oxymoron) when it comes to conceal and carry, handguns in general, is that true?

Yes. That's why Knyte likes going there over California, he can conceal carry on his Utah permit.

Calculate the value of cos θ in the following triangle:

clip_trig51.gif

There already is a desal plant at teh Big Bend power plant on Tampa Bay. I can see it from my balcony most days. It produces 25M gallons per day which are added to the surface water sources we get from bodies such as the Hillsborough River as well as from the aquifer. It comprises 20% of our drinking water. The huge upside to building nuclear facilities revolves around the high temperature of the water as it leaves the plants. It's perfect for reverse osmosis.

As far as teh shape of Florida, it is that way from millions of years (sorry God) of accumulated marine life. Florida isn't like the rest of teh continent. It's comprised of discarded exoskeletons. There used to be just a little dip on the southeastern US. Before sea levels rose Florida was actually quite a bit wider. The Hillsborough River trench actually trails about 60 miles into the Gulf where the original coast was. The state used to host giant land tortoises among other cool animals.

In regards to a food Florida is known for, I would say Key Lime pie. The problem there is that citrus came from China during the Columbian Exchange so it's not really a sort of indigenous food. Florida's native edibles are sea grapes, coontie, and hearts of palm.

I did a 45 pager on the desal plant if anyone is having trouble sleeping.

There already is a desal plant at teh Big Bend power plant on Tampa Bay. I can see it from my balcony most days. It produces 25M gallons per day which are added to the surface water sources we get from bodies such as the Hillsborough River as well as from the aquifer. It comprises 20% of our drinking water. The huge upside to building nuclear facilities revolves around the high temperature of the water as it leaves the plants. It's perfect for reverse osmosis.

As far as teh shape of Florida, it is that way from millions of years (sorry God) of accumulated marine life. Florida isn't like the rest of teh continent. It's comprised of discarded exoskeletons. There used to be just a little dip on the southeastern US. Before sea levels rose Florida was actually quite a bit wider. The Hillsborough River trench actually trails about 60 miles into the Gulf where the original coast was. The state used to host giant land tortoises among other cool animals.

In regards to a food Florida is known for, I would say Key Lime pie. The problem there is that citrus came from China during the Columbian Exchange so it's not really a sort of indigenous food. Florida's native edibles are sea grapes, coontie, and hearts of palm.

I did a 45 pager on the desal plant if anyone is having trouble sleeping.
i understand that it doesn't really matter, but there's something creepy about water coming from a nuclear plant going into the water supply.

i understand that it doesn't really matter, but there's something creepy about water coming from a nuclear plant going into the water supply.

Is it creepier than knowing that the water we all drink has already been absorbed and digested by countless other organisms for billions of years?