WTF Arresting Blacks for Smoking Weed is ... RACIST!!!

I don't agree with the law, but the law is the law....as unconstitutional as it may be, so I don't fault police for doing their job.

I've known an awful lot of folks that smoke so brazenly, and everyone knows they are doing it, but they've never been arrested.

So one has to wonder, what else are these people who are jailed for "smoking" doing to trigger an officer to make the arrest?

Reminds me of Al Capone getting nabbed for tax evasion instead of the litany of far greater crimes he was suspected off, but on a vastly smaller scale.

Traffic stops++

mexicans wouldn't be pouring into our country to escape the drug violence if we legalized pot and put them all out of business.

so really, it's more of an illegal immigration issue than a civil rights issue.

i'd say 75% of all middle class white folk have at least smoked in their past, and a surprisenly large proportion smoke now. They keep it seriously quiet though, whereas the stereotypical stoner wears it as a badge of honor as that's his only identity. People with a decent job, house, etc. know better than to go around talking about it. They keep it hidden from any and everyone.

i'd say 75% of all middle class white folk have at least smoked in their past, and a surprisenly large proportion smoke now. They keep it seriously quiet though, whereas the stereotypical stoner wears it as a badge of honor as that's his only identity. People with a decent job, house, etc. know better than to go around talking about it. They keep it hidden from any and everyone.

They don't really keep it hidden, they just keep it low profile.

Funny, I see all of this as basically the same whiny shit that's being spouted in the article.

I have nothing against weed, and I couldn't care less if it gets legalized or not, but don't pretend to give a shit about prison and court costs. People want weed legalized so they can smoke it more easily, pure and simple.
well right

but the point remains that you not giving a shit about prison and court costs is fucking retarded. that's your goddamn money going down the drain to lock up someone for getting high when it could be locking up someone that might one day rape your sister.

black markets support violent crime. every time. every. single. fucking. time.

edit: mea culpa, african-american markets.

How so? How does the conviction of a drug trafficker affect the conviction/parole of a serial rapist?

fuckmuppet, because serial rapists and other violent criminals are being paroled BECAUSE THERES NO FUCKING ROOM IN THE JAIL SINCE DRUG POSSESSION COMES WITH MANDATORY MINIMUM SENTENCING

mexicans wouldn't be pouring into our country to escape the drug violence if we legalized pot and put them all out of business.

so really, it's more of an illegal immigration issue than a civil rights issue.

they also wouldn't be pouring into our country if we created a moat filled with molten lava along the border

BURN THOSE SHINS LITTLE MEXICAN GIRL, BUUUUUUUUURN

Ha that's so true. I love PSN names. BONG_hit420 SMK_weed_F_UR_MOM Or all the guys taking bong hits over their lil blue tooth headsets.

Texas has mandatory minimums for felonies. First degree, for example, is between 5 and 99 years.

Hurricanes never form in the Gulf.

Whatever happened to crack being the black man's drug? I can't believe they took weed back. Especially since we've made no progress taking porch monkey back.

Last I checked, SCOTUS says no.

Oh. I will alert the legislators.

Sec. 12.32. FIRST DEGREE FELONY PUNISHMENT. (a) An individual adjudged guilty of a felony of the first degree shall be punished by imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for life or for any term of not more than 99 years or less than 5 years.