Hawt Arrest The Pope!

Those things are the worst invention in human history. I can't think of any other shoe that makes me gag. I don't even know why I gag.

You have a pair? How long did it take to get used to them?

Apparently everyone ignored my post about them in the workout thread :fly:

The first few excursions resulted in intense burning in my calves, muscles that had been never used and all that, but NO pain.

After 3-ish months I'm able to slowly start ramping up the miles, of course I'm also coming off of pretty much a four year break from running......

I find it best to use them without socks, the seams will tear a freaking hole in your foot if a small rock or something gets stuck in there though. Wash them often, and make sure your feet are clean before you wear 'em.

I'm going to try running completely barefoot this summer I think, I'm sure my poor, sheltered feet will hate me for it though.

You have a pair? How long did it take to get used to them?

I resent that implica-

Oh, a pair of the shoes?

Not too long, though I basically dove in headfirst by running a 5k right after I got them. Had trouble walking all weekend, but after that, there really wasn't much I couldn't handle.

Recently, though, I've started getting major knee pains. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or what - I think I may have to switch back to regular shoes temporarily.

I resent that implica-

Oh, a pair of the shoes?

Not too long, though I basically dove in headfirst by running a 5k right after I got them. Had trouble walking all weekend, but after that, there really wasn't much I couldn't handle.

Recently, though, I've started getting major knee pains. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or what - I think I may have to switch back to regular shoes temporarily.

Have you tried the Romanov running pose?

Apparently everyone ignored my post about them in the workout thread :fly:

The first few excursions resulted in intense burning in my calves, muscles that had been never used and all that, but NO pain.

After 3-ish months I'm able to slowly start ramping up the miles, of course I'm also coming off of pretty much a four year break from running......

I find it best to use them without socks, the seams will tear a freaking hole in your foot if a small rock or something gets stuck in there though. Wash them often, and make sure your feet are clean before you wear 'em.

I'm going to try running completely barefoot this summer I think, I'm sure my poor, sheltered feet will hate me for it though.

What are you running on? I'd assume you can't or shouldn't run on pavement, rite?

What are you running on? I'd assume you can't or shouldn't run on pavement, rite?
Local track or woods, the track was as hard as pavement until it warmed up recently :lol:

I've heard from a number of people using them on pavement, how hard you strike the ground is all up to you.

I strive for no noise when I land, I fail most of the time but it makes for much less of a shock.

Imagine your an early 20th century tsar in Russia. Now imagine a hoarde of crazy freaking peasants chasing after you. Now imagine how you would look running away.

Freeze it.

That's the Romanov running pose.
If I was an early 20th century Russian tsar, I'd have at least a dozen of these suckers and be using a horde of peasants to heat my castle.

attachment.php